What the ORG?

Guest phprocket

Active X on the CubeCart Site.  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest phprocket

Hi,

I just went the cubecart.org site and I noticed some major changes, Like no forum anymore. You got some kind of link system setup and I managed to register an account but then I logged in, and view my profile and I think I see someone's information, Because it's not mine that I signed up with.

Also I keep getting popups to install an active-X component, and I do not install any active-X if I can help it.. because of problems I had before with cross script/domain injections from a forum site that made me install activeX plugins.

I know I have not been as active as I like to have been, but when did this happen, and did you just throw away the community for mods ?

Maybe the forum on the .org was a bad idea, because when there was only the .com forum, I was active there.. but when everything was moved to the .org.. I did not even login the .com anymore. So maybe the changes are good ?

I started a poll to see how others feel about activeX plugs, Personaly I don't like them, because I like my information to stay private as possible.. but that's just me..

Thanks.

I've not seen any Active-X crap from the .org site. Perhaps I'm missing something. I've been there several times since before it was even released to the public and don't think what you're talkin about should be there.

:)

I can't see any Active-X references in the page code (in IE6/7 and FF) - it could still be in some of the external Javascript files, but I doubt it.

Active-X has its uses in Intranet sites, and for times when you need access to the clients file system (ie online virus scanning). Signed Java Applets can also do roughly the same thing though.

Have you scanned your PC for nasties recently?

Switch to a browser that doesn't support Active-X, or lock down IE so it doesn't use them.

Jason

There is no Active X!?!?!?!

We consider our members privacy to be paramount and we are registered under the 1998 UK Data Protection Act. If you are reading this and you are concerned please try not to be as your information is safe with us. We will never sell it on or let potentially unscrupulous people get hold or it.

Topic closed.

If you have any concerns please PM me.