Has Anybody set up 3D Secure on their Protx account?

Mike MacKechnie

My client is thinking of adding 3D secure but is scared of doing it until someone else has done it and reported back.

Anything to look out for? We are thinking of applying "The "Medium Rule base". Good idea or not?

I don't want to be the first person in the world to do this. It all sounds harmless enough but I'm a pessimistic old bugger and I want someone else to find out all the horrible things that can go wrong before I do.

Guest EverythingWeb

3D Secure will become required I believe by August this year. :w00t:

It's great for merchants, as there is a complete liability shift if the card is later found fraudulent and the pin was entered correctly.

I'd suggest it for all merchants. If you're using the Form version, then it should be handled by Protx themselves (the actual integration) and the direct module we wrote now has it in, and the clients using it have been happy with the added security 'barrier' :D

Guest EverythingWeb

If you're using the built-in CubeCart Protx module, then you are using VSPForm.

This will be Protx's responsibility to get working, although you will need to talk to Protx to request 3D. They then request it from your Merchant bank and enable it on your account. This can take upto 14 days.