Update CC 3.0.12 to 4.0.0

Guest baulaser-hein

Guest baulaser-hein

Juhu Im first one here ;)

well do i have to do if i want to upgrade from 3.0.12. to 4.0.0.. My cc3 is much modded and i want to keep my old skin. I saw that cc4 has new skins, so what is the best way to implement the old design in the 4.0. functions?

2nd is the database: I have about 400 products added in my cc3 shop. So what is when i know run the cc4 setup? I made a backup of my database but would be nice if it works from the beginning whithout recovering.

Do i just have to enter the same database at setup, or will my tables be overwritten then? what do i have to do if i want to keep all the articles i entered in cc4?

Guest Brivtech

Yes, I would also like to know what the upgrade procedure from CC3.x to CC4 is. I can see this being asked by many other people here as they want to migrate their stores.

The instructions are:

+--------------------------------------------------------

| 3. Upgrade Instructions - version 3.0.x to latest version 4

+--------------------------------------------------------

a. Take a FULL backup of your existing files and database and check that

it is complete. This is critical in case the upgrade process fails or

there is an error.

b. Please delete the following folders and files:

Folders:

/admin/

/classes/

/docs/

/extra/

/js/

/language/

/modules/

/pear/

/skins/

Files:

/cart.php

/confirmed.php

/download.php

/offLine.php

/switch.php

c. Upload the entire contents of this folder over the remaining files

replacing all existing ones.

d. Please make sure the following folders are writable by the web browser.

/cache

/includes/extra

If you have a Windows Server please ignore this step. If you have a Linux/Unix

environment please make sure these have a chmod value of 0777 or 0775.

e. Once that has completed in full please browse to the setup folder of your store.

Examples:

http://www.example.com/setup/

http://store.example.com/setup/

http://www.example.com/shop/setup/

N.B. FTP can time out so please check the FTP log if available to make sure it

completed successfully.

f. If all files have uploaded successfully the setup page should load. Please select

"Upgrade CubeCart" and follow the on screen instructions.

g. Once complete please delete the /setup folder to keep your store

secure.

g. After visiting the front or back-end of the store you may need to follow

part 4 of this read me file.

If db structure is the same for prods, customers and orders then I guess you can just copy-paste in the sql.

Didn't look yet at DB, just installing V4 now on my production server.

Guest baulaser-hein

ok well the upgrade itsself is succsessfull now. My articles are safed. Now i need to recover my old design/skin with the cc4 functionallity. Is this even possible? I need to keep the killer skin.

Now it seems that there is a problem with the language file. all my descriptions are gone. If i want to switch to english language the switch.php is missing. Uploading the switch.php from my backups occurs in errors.

Btw...how can i get the full functionallity of the advaned search. there is only the standart search now.

Please help quick, i cant let the shop like this for long.

http://www.baulaser-hein.de

Guest baulaser-hein

doh? what???? this would be like a disaster for me? and no skin from cc4 has 100% widht???? Well seems like a wasted 140 $ or i havent informed myself before?

Guest baulaser-hein

v3 skins are not compatible with v4 I'm afraid.

the problem is that i have optimized my old store too much for killer skin. even if it would bring the cc4 skins to 100 % it isnt possible to get the basic functionallity back before.

I must say that im a but angry now, cause i didnt see a warning that killer skin is not working any more with the update....

...if there has been a warning before and i didnt see it its my own fault and i say sorry, but this sucks now :D

Guest baulaser-hein

yes right i was too stupid, sorry. btw... would be nice to add what cc4 CANT do on the features list, for example keeping the cc3 killer skin, so that i will be the only one who payed 140 $ for nothing

Guest baulaser-hein

i tryed to get back my old store, with the same database and get

Warning: base64_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/functions.inc.php on line 187

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/functions.inc.php:187) in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/functions.inc.php:187) in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/functions.inc.php:187) in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/session.inc.php on line 95

Warning: main(language//lang.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w005706d/index.php on line 72

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language//lang.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/w005706d/index.php on line 72

Warning: main(language//home.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 37

Warning: main(language//home.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 37

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language//home.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 37

Warning: main(language//home.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 41

Warning: main(language//home.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 41

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language//home.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/w005706d/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 41

MySQL Error Occured

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

QUERY = SELECT productId, image, price, name, sale_price FROM CubeCart_inventory WHERE `showFeatured` = 1 ORDER BY productId DESC LIMIT

should that tell me that it isnt possible to recover 3.0.17 from 4.0.0

CubeCart v4 has a different database. Upgrading from v3 to v4 adapts it.

If you want to go back you need to restore the database from the backup you should have taken before upgrade. It explicitly sayd to take a full backup in the upgrade instructions. Backups are critical before doing anything major consequence to your store.

• 4 years later...