Header Image

Guest Rob Layt

Guest Rob Layt

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else cannot get their header image to display?

i have tried the default ones with the skins and also tried uploading one but still nothing displays.

www.riddledesigns.com.au/shop

Guest Rob Layt

Strange, do you have a file in the /images/logo folder without an extension? If so make it's file permissions 0755

All permissions are correct and no there is no file in the images/logo folder without an extension?? should there be??

I presume its something to do with my loverly website hos disabling yet another feature that kills all my sites!

Let me know if you find a soloution or Al let me know if you would like access to my server and logins ect to try and resolve for the future

Guest Brivtech

Is GD what created the thumbnails automatically?

If so, then that would be an indicator that GD is installed and working, and perhaps this is a separate problem. When I reported this bug for development versions, it was down to the fact that the file name wasn't formatted correctly, so the browser didn't know what to display. When I get around to installing, I'll double check this and re-post a fully documented version of the bug if I still have it.

As Al said, simply change the references to the logo manually in the skin you are using to fix the problem, or alternatively, simply over-ride the existing logo image with your one, both will bypass the logo selector, and get you up and running.

I'm also having a problem with loading the header image. Checked permissions and both images and logos is set at 777. It tells me the file has been updated, but no logo appears either on the "current logo" screen or on the site itself and the file is NOT being uploaded to the server.

Uploading other store images is no problem - it's just the logo one.

The fix is simple,

in store config (admin)

scroll down to GD settings and re-select GD version and update settings.

That fixed all issues on my server

Hmmm, that worked for me and I didn't even have to re-upload the logos! I changed it to GD1, updated and then GD2 and updated and when I went back to the upload logos screen, the ones I had uploaded were magically showing - and showing on the front end too!

Very odd but it did work!

• 2 weeks later...

I also had problems getting my image to display I also uploaded it manually in ftp overreiting the original and still didn't work nor did the permissions for me.

I uploaded my logo through admin to every skin then in general settings I applied/changed the store skin and went through the lot appliing each one separately then the logo started to appear. When I went back to my original skin carreta-soft it appered on the front end of my store :) . If this was just luck I don't know but might be worth ago untill there is a proper fix I'm using 4.0.1