CGI Error

Guest Simon Dolenec

Guest Simon Dolenec

Server: Windows 2003 SP2

MySQL: v5.0.11

PHP: v5.1.5

CubeCart v3 works fine.

But when I install CubeCart v4 costumer page works fine but on loging to admin section (when I press "Login" button) I get:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Please fix this error... If v3 works why v4 not?

Guest hennaboy

Whats your server config? I know you mentioned windows but...

Is PHP running as CGI or ISAPI?

Do you have a PHP info file that you can have a look at to see whats installed? Or can you post the url to one so I can have a look.

Guest Simon Dolenec

PHP runs as CGI.

Windows Server 2003 Standard 32bit.

I think that php.ini has no clue with these error becouse the error contain in file index.php in admin folder:

Error hapen on code...

header('location: ../admin.php');

Guest Simon Dolenec

Before I didn't have installed encoder the page didn't work at all... But when I installed encoder Zend page start working... But the problem starts on admin section when you click "Login" button.

Does anybody at all know how to fix these problem?

Server is configured as it should be! (if other pages works as it should)

I am very disapointed with CC4 support...

Guest hennaboy

I dont think your comments are valid here.

Have you submitted a support ticket?

CC3 and CC4 is different software. As such it should be treated differently. Just because CC3 works is no guarantee CC4 will work (although with support you will have no problem)

PHP CGI is known to cause problems. Its more cpu intensive and has had bugs in earlier versions. Also your zend install may not be fully compatible with your version. There has been multiple of zend bug fixes between 5.1.5 and 5.2.4 the current PHP release.

I run windows 2003 ent SP2, PHP ISAPI 5.2.4 with Zend Optimizer 3.2.8 - I have several CC3 stores and 3 CC4 stores all of which run with no errors.

I would suggest that you consider that your PHP and Zend installation is the problem here. Check your server logs for what is behind the CGI error. Id also consider upgrading to 5.2.4 and switch to PHP ISAPI which is more reliable and faster.

Guest hennaboy

Well i dont think this is a bug with CC4 as i would have the same problem on my server. But i dont and all my CC4 stores are 100% working.

Even if you do wish to continue to use php-cgi then its probably worth your while upgrading to the latest version. Even just for the security patches that PHP 5.2.4 containes.

Guest hennaboy

Is your mysql running in strict mode? And is PHP safe mode on or off. Also what is your error reporting in your PHP.INI set at?

The main difference between php-cgi and php isapi is that the cgi.exe has to be called everytime php is used on a website. Therefore the execution, cpu and time is greater than isapi which is a dll loaded with IIS

This is not a v4 bug. Something on your server is blocking this due to the way it is configured or 3rd party software. I doubt it is mod security being a windows server. I don't know the solution to this but I expect a google search of the exact error message as a quoted phrase and the web server will return results and hopefuly a solution.

CubeCart v3 used PHP sessions but v4 uses cookies. The reason for this was because people reported the basket mysteriously emptying or getting thrown out of the admin side of their store. After some research we discovered that it was caused by other account holders modifying their domains and Apache restarting wiling all session data.

It might be worth testing php code for header location redirects and setcookie.

Guest Simon Dolenec

The only thing what I can do is to change header in CC4... Everything what I could do is to try PHP on ISAPI which makes stop to work more than 200 pages so my solution to this is that I will pay you for Install Service and then I will see what you will do :on2long:

PS. Strange to me is that every PHP page work clearly only CC4 not... very sad... Now I even can't translate to SI language to give it you and new API payment... :)

I have two different Windows servers with two different versions of IIS and php CGI will not work in CC4. Yes you can log onto the main page and navigate but you are thrown CGI header errors or PHP crashes IIS if you try to log onto the admin page. I find this to be an issue with the code and a PHP bug. The makers of CC4 should have tested this before releasing as they didn't have any requirements for how php should run and I have spent a lot of time troubleshooting their issue.

Guest Simon Dolenec

I agree with you.

I must tell that solution is not to run only PHP ISAPI, becouse it should work on PHP CGI and ISAPI...

I don't know why CC Stuff do not want to repair that kind error... It's stupid not to fix it...

Guest Simon Dolenec

I trx to report bug by post it on forum... When I tried to write to support from control panel I couldn't do it becouse it's grey (maybe becouse I didn't buy a licence yet) and I can't to choose it...

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing what I can do is to change header in CC4... Everything what I could do is to try PHP on ISAPI which makes stop to work more than 200 pages so my solution to this is that I will pay you for Install Service and then I will see what you will do :blink:

PS. Strange to me is that every PHP page work clearly only CC4 not... very sad... Now I even can't translate to SI language to give it you and new API payment... :)

This is a CC4 bug. I did several tests on 5 different Windows servers. My site would work fine but nothing in the admin site would work. I didn't really care to troubleshoot the code because I was tired of wasting my time. If you are going to use CC4 on a Windows/PHP machine then you are going to install Zend and you will need PHP running as ISAPI.