Transfering Cubecart To Another Host

Guest EcoMaMa

Guest EcoMaMa

How easy would this be?

I am currently with Bluehost, but they have had too many problems of late and I need something more reliable.

Would there be someone who could perhaps help me relocate it? I have purchased several mods over the last few months and would need to make sure everything was functioning as quickly as possible to avoid downtime.

Has anyone done this and what problems have you encountered?

Thank you,

Jo

• 3 weeks later...

Guest z28melissa

How easy would this be?

I am currently with Bluehost, but they have had too many problems of late and I need something more reliable.

Would there be someone who could perhaps help me relocate it? I have purchased several mods over the last few months and would need to make sure everything was functioning as quickly as possible to avoid downtime.

Has anyone done this and what problems have you encountered?

Thank you,

Jo

I'm in the same boat... currently with idleserv and have had too much downtime lately. Already bought a new domain with a new host, just don't know how to properly move my store.

I hope it's as easy as copying over the files, updating the settings and changing CHMOD values... but I'd like to know for sure before taking the plunge.

I hope it's as easy as copying over the files, updating the settings and changing CHMOD values...
Copy the files and database. Then update the /includes/global.inc.php file. Then get the EDITCONF code from this site (search for it) and run it from your store root. Update the admin settings that are stored in your database. Then finish up by making any other necessary changes from the admin settings page.

This should work. I've done it a few times - making test versions of my stores on a local server.

Guest EcoMaMa

I hope it's as easy as copying over the files, updating the settings and changing CHMOD values...
Copy the files and database. Then update the /includes/global.inc.php file. Then get the EDITCONF code from this site (search for it) and run it from your store root. Update the admin settings that are stored in your database. Then finish up by making any other necessary changes from the admin settings page.

This should work. I've done it a few times - making test versions of my stores on a local server.

It was fairly easy and I was lucky enough to find a new host that did it for me as part of the transfer, but I could have done it myself, just follow what bsmither said. :blink:

Guest z28melissa

Well I tried it today, and I keep getting this error when importing the database file:

#1046 - No database selected

What does that mean? Probably something simple, I hope... as I'm quite unfamiliar with this database stuff. Bluehost is my new host.

Guest EcoMaMa

Well I tried it today, and I keep getting this error when importing the database file:

#1046 - No database selected

What does that mean? Probably something simple, I hope... as I'm quite unfamiliar with this database stuff. Bluehost is my new host.

Did you create your database user name and password and then assign it to that database?

Go to:

MySQL Databases

add the user name and password you have assigned to the old database and then link it to your new database.

Guest EcoMaMa

Thanks so much! You are exactly right.

I am glad I could help. I am pretty new to a lot of this too, but I hope to help contribute as I get so much help here.

Jo