Mysql Error Occured

Guest gigget

I would check with your hosting company to make sure:

1. You can have a database on your account and if so, that it is created.

2. What the correct path and name of the database is. Shared servers usually preface the database name with your user name such as "user_database"

3. What password you should be using for the database

Ipower just switched platforms. That much i know. Maybe that has something to do with it.

You have to enable your own scripting to get anything to work.

I didn't know this a few weeks back and it took me forever with tech support to figure it out. You'd think it would be the first thing they'd check. Since on the old platform they enabled it for you.

On the old platform they forced username prefaces as you stated, I'm going to try to remake the database with that info.

They also forced username and passwords to be the same as the user login information, I'll see if that's it as well.

It would be very helpful if they sent a "welcome" email when you setup a new hosting account like they used to. So much of the info has changed, I feel like a dork asking for help since I've been using Ipower for almost 5 years now.

I got past the first error by putting in a new database and got this error instead.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_a8e92bd9dc2e19df4261276c322dbef9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/session.inc.php on line 95

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_a8e92bd9dc2e19df4261276c322dbef9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in /hermes/bosweb/web231/b2318/ipw.goldandbeads/public_html/includes/session.inc.php on line 95

/sigh No idea what this means either.

Ok, I'll do the same.

Hopefully they get back to one of us at least.

I still have a support ticket pending from a week or so ago. Regarding the first MySQL error.

Welp... they got back to me and was just as helpful as i had thought they'd be.

this is the message....

Hello Gigget,

Thank you for contacting Support.

We apologize that it has taken longer than usual to get back to you. Our records show that you have migrated to the new platform. Hence, you should use new platform database host. However, I suggest you to configure your database host as ‘goldandbeads.ipowermysql.com’.

If you still experiencing the same issue again, then please let us know.

If you have any further questions, you can e-mail us seven days a week, 24 hours a day.

Sincerely,

Ivan Foster

Customer Support

I purchased this specific host account (i have many) after the new platform came to be, which they should have there in my records heh, so the first statement is just stupid... and if he even read the error message I sent him he'd know that i have already defined the host address as goldandbeads.ipowermysql.com

What a waste of time.

Have you gotten anywhere with them?

Regarding the error messages you got as mentioned in post#5, I am concerned about the session issue. (We can disregard all the "headers already sent".)

Run the phpinfo() function and see where your TEMP folder is located. (Maybe session.save_path = /tmp, at the server root, or maybe public_html/php_temp.) Then contact IPower and ask them if your script has permission to access that folder.

Guest lcwhitlock

I didn't get an email back, but I did sit and wait a bit on their live chat. I tried to save the chat session so it'd get emailed to me, but it never did come.

I did, however, print up the chat session for future reference:

1.) log into your control panel

2.) go to the "Scripting & Add-Ons" section and click on "CGI and Scripted Language Support"

3.) then go to "PHP Scripting"

4.) there you will see the "Default php.ini" file - click "EDIT"

5.) now, if you can do a 'select all' and copy and paste this into a text editor (i.e. Edit Plus), do a search/find for this line: session.save_path = /var/php_sessions

6.) change the "/var/php_sessions" to the root path of your CGI-Bin (would look similar to this: /home/users/web/b818/ipw.yoursite/public_html/cgi-bin/tmp) *go to public_html/cgi-bin/tmp to get the appropriate root path for your site

Hope this helps .... keep note, this solution was given for IPower users (I don't know how it would work for others hosted elsewhere)