modules not configurable?

Guest rabbit116

Guest rabbit116

:) Newbie with problem, go figure..my site is working except I can not configure/open ANY modules? When I click "configure" a blank screen is returned on all three modues (shipping,gateway, and affiliates). I loaded from host cpanel. I have tried to locate answer with "search", I have compared files with download from cubecart. Everything seems logical, but no page? Anybody know what to do? thanks Dave

A completely blank, white screen? Or rather you get the Admin layout, but just with no table shown with a list of the available options for that module?

Click the Administrators link and see if you get a listing there? Is the current login listed as a super-user?

Does the URL of a module open for configuration look like:

/admin/modules/shipping/Per_Category/index.php?module=shipping&folder=Per_Category

Guest rabbit116

A completely blank, white screen? Or rather you get the Admin layout, but just with no table shown with a list of the available options for that module?

Click the Administrators link and see if you get a listing there? Is the current login listed as a super-user?

/admin/modules/shipping/Per_Category/index.php?module=shipping&folder=Per_Category

On the admin/modules/gateway I have the display of all available choices, with the default selected and available. But when I click the paypal "configure", then I get a completely blank white screen, no info at all. The URL address shows the correct info as follows:

.../store/admin/modules/gateway/PayPal/index.php?module=gateway&folder=PayPal

Uh-Huh... In the browser window header bar, is there the "CubeCart" wording? Has your browser's throbber stopped moving? If you do a "View Source", what do you see?

(Throbber, you know, that cool little icon in the upper right-hand corner of your browser? That is your throbber - yeah, I don’t like the name either. However, its job is to let you know when there is still data being transferred from a site’s server by going through its animation cycle.)

Are you on a Windows server or Apache?

Guest rabbit116

Uh-Huh... In the browser window header bar, is there the "CubeCart" wording? Has your browser's throbber stopped moving? If you do a "View Source", what do you see?

(Throbber, you know, that cool little icon in the upper right-hand corner of your browser? That is your throbber - yeah, I don’t like the name either. However, its job is to let you know when there is still data being transferred from a site’s server by going through its animation cycle.)

Are you on a Windows server or Apache?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>

<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Source looks like a blank page? I viewed the .php and all the code is there, but it does not seem to be calling the proper information from the /includes/?

It is on an Apache server with 4.4.7 PHP

I do appreciate the time you are taking to help. :)

The screen capture of your FTP app is showing a directory other than the ones used by the Admin section. See if:

\admin\modules\gateway\PayPal\

has index.php and logo.gif in it.

The file index.php is including a lot of other files from directories way off from the other side of the store's hierarchical tree.

In Windows IIS, there's this setting called "Enable Parent Paths" and it can be set to No. A parent path is "../../../" where the double-dot is the parent directory. I'm not at all familiar with Apache but maybe an Apache expert can chime in here and give us a clue about disabling parent paths.

We might also want to ask the Apache expert what the ramifications of using suEXEC may have - if it's implemented in your Web space.

Guest rabbit116

The screen capture of your FTP app is showing a directory other than the ones used by the Admin section. See if:

\admin\modules\gateway\PayPal\

has index.php and logo.gif in it.

The file index.php is including a lot of other files from directories way off from the other side of the store's hierarchical tree.

In Windows IIS, there's this setting called "Enable Parent Paths" and it can be set to No. A parent path is "../../../" where the double-dot is the parent directory. I'm not at all familiar with Apache but maybe an Apache expert can chime in here and give us a clue about disabling parent paths.

We might also want to ask the Apache expert what the ramifications of using suEXEC may have - if it's implemented in your Web space.

Bsmithers, thankyou. I did pick the /modules for the screen shot instead of the /admin/modules. I checked the /admin/modules and the proper code is in place. I also did a complete delete and reload of ver3, using the fantastico system in the cpanel. Still not working, so I have put in a support ticket to see if it is a server issue.

Perhaps if others have ever experienced this they could put in 2 cents worth? thanks again.