CubeCart installed via Fantastico with BlueHost NOT working

Guest Klutzys

Guest Klutzys

I need to speak with a CubeCart developer or tech person.

I have a long story about cubecart v3, see Klutzys posts in forum.

Bottom line: Does cubecart have a known problem with working on BlueHost or being uploaded via Fantastico???

BlueHost migrated my hosting account to a new server deleting everything in my old account so I have a clean slate. I have done nothing but install cubecube v3 via Fantastico into my root directory, went to my cubecart admin and attempted to upload images as this was the ENTIRE problem before and my IMAGES ARE STILL DISAPPEARING/DELETING!

Should I uninstall and do a manual install??? I have money wrapped up in my cubecart v3 skin and mods and cannot upgrade to CCv4 because of this but I know CCv3 works because I have been to other stores.

Any response at this point would be appreciated. I have been working for over a week with BlueHost support and a man named bsmither and we still have not gotten this resolved.

Tammy

Ive also had several BlueHost customers abandon bluehost for several reasons and move to different hosting

1) BlueHost oversells their servers making things very slow for any of their customers

2) Inadequate or non existent support

Fantastico like stevie said is never a good idea

start from scratch do a PROPER install or better yet hire yourself a webdeveloper who knows cubecart

and can get you up and running properly

Kinetic

Guest Klutzys

Ive also had several BlueHost customers abandon bluehost for several reasons and move to different hosting

1) BlueHost oversells their servers making things very slow for any of their customers

2) Inadequate or non existent support

Fantastico like stevie said is never a good idea

start from scratch do a PROPER install or better yet hire yourself a webdeveloper who knows cubecart

and can get you up and running properly

Kinetic

Thanks to both of you for replies. Hmmm, I will uninstall my cubecart and do a manual install myself. Sure is a shame when you have things like Fantastico and they don't install software properly. I love my cubecart and will dump bluehost before I dumb cubecart if it comes down to that.

Thanks again,

Tam

Guest Klutzys

Go to http://cubecartforums.org and click on Mod Store Ratings and Feedback. There you will find a list of trusted third party providers, some of which provide mod services only but others provide dedicated CubeCart hosting :)

Hi Stevie68, thanks for the tip. I will go check them out.

However, I did just manually install CCv3 and I am trying it out by adding images as that has been the ENTIRE problem before so if they stay put I will be a happy camper (they were deleting and disappearing before). Keep your fingers crossed!!

But quick question: At the Congratulations your store has been installed successfully it says IMPORTANT store will not function until the install directory has been deleted. Does that mean "Delete the install FOLDER I see in public_html?" I just want clarification before I delete anything.

Tammy

Guest Klutzys

Delete the install folder (or rename it to something really obscure).

The earlier problematic installs: did any of them include the skins and mods you mentioned?

Thanks!

Yes, both stores had at least one mod (category sorting mod).

However, when my account was migrated to another server and erased I simply installed CCv3 via Fantantico with NO mods or skins and I still had the exact same problem. I had done nothing to my new main account besides install CCv3. Then I uninstalled CCv3 via Fantastico and installed CCv3 manually to my dismay IT STILL HAS DISAPPEARING IMAGES.

Now I'M MAD!!

At this point I have just signed up with Lunarpages as I read on this board that someone has been running CCv3 with them for 4 years no problem. I have 30 days to see if I can get CCv3 working there. I will not install using Fantastico at all there. I will run with the manual since I know how to do it.

This is plain rediculous and I can't get help from CC because I don't have tech support. And of course BlueHost blamed CC and wouldn't help anymore that's why I demanded the server change for a clean slate.

My Lunarpages better work.

Tammy

• 3 weeks later...