CubeCart v3 Hyperlinks Problem

Guest slimpickens

Guest slimpickens

I just installed CubeCart v3 and this is the first time I've used this shopping cart. I like it but I have discovered a huge problem that nobody seems to know about. Here is the issue.

In Internet Explorer 7 the hyperlinks "Login" and "Register" do not function. The links show up but it is if they have been deactivated. So, I started to test things. First thing I looked at was if those links worked in Firefox and Safari and wouldn't know it they do. At which point I realized it is a problem with IE 7 so I thought maybe it was some security settings. So I tried everything and Nada. IE7 refuses to let these links function. That was while I was at work today. My work PC has Vista and IE7, so I asked a couple of my co-workers to try the site, sure enough it didn't work for them either (they too have Vista and IE7). After I got home I got on my PC there and fired up IE7 and sure enough the links Worked! Now, here is the kicker the PC I work on at home has XP Pro with IE7. Then I decided to try it on another machine I have at home here which is running Vista with IE7 and once more those links didn't work. I have come to the conclusion that CubeCart v3 when displayed in IE7 with Vista as the OS doesn't function properly, but no matter if it is XP or Vista Firefox and Safari display the page links just fine. The problem is I have no idea how to fix this. Has anyone else had this issue? I really would like to use this cart system, but if I can't find the answer to this I guess I have to settle for osCommerce. If my customers go there on their Vista machines this will surely get us a flurry of support calls for something we have no idea how to fix.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have seen this issue with users/customers using MSN Butterfly and Microsofts engineers couldnt or wouldnt give me a reason why login and register text links would be disabled or in the case of MSN butterfly NOT visible at all

In Vista this has to be a security issue in the browser and would suggest you try tweaking the vista IE7 security settings specifically try messing with settings having to do with cookies

The more people who complain that their site is not usable to customers using MSN buttefly and now Vistas IE7 the more apt they are to fix things...

One method Ive found to get around it is to place a flash swf for login register and logout your account but this requires extended flash knowledge

You can also try placing link images instead of text links by modifying your /skins/YOUR SKIN/styleTemplates/boxes/session.tpl

see if that bypasses the freaky IE7 crud

NOTE TO ADMINS: This issue really needs to be looked into to see if it is a issue with the way CubeCart builds its login and register links.....

and testing for CCv4.x.x REALLY should be done in IE7 on XP and Vista, Firefox on PC and Mac, Safari on PC and Macs, IE6 on PC's and others!

because if our customers cannot login or register how can we make sales!!!

Kinetic

:unsure:

I just installed CubeCart v3 and this is the first time I've used this shopping cart. I like it but I have discovered a huge problem that nobody seems to know about. Here is the issue.

In Internet Explorer 7 the hyperlinks "Login" and "Register" do not function. The links show up but it is if they have been deactivated. So, I started to test things. First thing I looked at was if those links worked in Firefox and Safari and wouldn't know it they do. At which point I realized it is a problem with IE 7 so I thought maybe it was some security settings. So I tried everything and Nada. IE7 refuses to let these links function. That was while I was at work today. My work PC has Vista and IE7, so I asked a couple of my co-workers to try the site, sure enough it didn't work for them either (they too have Vista and IE7). After I got home I got on my PC there and fired up IE7 and sure enough the links Worked! Now, here is the kicker the PC I work on at home has XP Pro with IE7. Then I decided to try it on another machine I have at home here which is running Vista with IE7 and once more those links didn't work. I have come to the conclusion that CubeCart v3 when displayed in IE7 with Vista as the OS doesn't function properly, but no matter if it is XP or Vista Firefox and Safari display the page links just fine. The problem is I have no idea how to fix this. Has anyone else had this issue? I really would like to use this cart system, but if I can't find the answer to this I guess I have to settle for osCommerce. If my customers go there on their Vista machines this will surely get us a flurry of support calls for something we have no idea how to fix.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Well I no longer have IE7 on my Vista Home Pro machine as I am running IE8 beta and the links work fine in IE8. So I'm assuming IE has fixed something between 7 and 8. I know this doesn't help the 7 problem, but just thought I'd pass it on.

Another fyi though I know it doesn't really help - tested my sites in IE7 and all my links work without problem. So I would go thru and check any mods you've installed as well as changes you've made to your stylesheets.

Have you tried changing the store to one of the default skins? If so, the problem might be in your templates or includes.