Extend background color to the bottom of the page

Guest artXcore

Guest artXcore

I've run in to an issue and need some guidance...

I'm using the Legend skin. My cart is at wareaglelures.com.

Everything looks alright on the homepage, but I'm running in to this problem on pages with long content (such as terms & conditions/privacy policy).

The background color of my left column isn't extending all the way to the bottom, and I can't figure out what in the world I need to do to make that happen. If I have longer content on the right, the left column just ends after the shopping cart box, and there's no more background color. I'd like it to extend all the way down, regardless of how big the content is on the right side. I've tried everything I can think of, and short of inserting a bunch of unnecessary breaks, I'm lost.

Anyone dealt with this before? If so, help!!

Guest artXcore

This is a conundrum of CSS - and many solutions exist. Google for "floating two column" or "floating three column".

Do you want the store to look like this (I'm using Killer)?: www.aaaomonline.com

Similar, yes. I like that the background color continues on to the bottom. That's what I'm looking for. :)

Now if I can just figure out this "floating two column" business.

The homepage of my site is exactly how I want it to look, so I don't want to make any big changes, I just want the background color to extend all the way down on the two or three pages where the content section is longer than the menu. You know?

In the #pageSurround CSS section, add:

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/greybar.gif);

background-repeat: repeat-y;

Now, create a one pixel high by 170 pixel wide GIF image using the grey color you need and put it in the appropriate folder.

Let us know how that works.

Guest artXcore

In the #pageSurround CSS section, add:

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/greybar.gif);

background-repeat: repeat-y;

Now, create a one pixel high by 170 pixel wide GIF image using the grey color you need and put it in the appropriate folder.

Let us know how that works.

You are officially my new best friend.

Its perfect- take a look! :)