How do I deal with a site with thousands of images?

Chargin

I have a site that has about 2000 images for the products on there. It makes it a bit of a nightmare to do for example, adding extra images, clicking manage images opens a window displaying a list of all the images, this takes forever. Adding an image via the fckeditor takes ages also, because of the same problem.

Any solutions for this?

I have a site that has about 2000 images for the products on there. It makes it a bit of a nightmare to do for example, adding extra images, clicking manage images opens a window displaying a list of all the images, this takes forever. Adding an image via the fckeditor takes ages also, because of the same problem.

Any solutions for this?

I would sort your images into subfolders based off their category

all images for category 1 into a folder all images for category 2 into another folder

this will help make managing images easier

CCv4 really messed up FCK editor and doesnt allow for those of us with large product inventory and the only way to manage them is to create subfolders thru FCK

you can also get Estelles pro image manager which will help but again putting your images into subfolders will help greatly we did this on a clients store with over 15000 products

Kinetic

• 2 years later...
Guest nerdmom3

Any solutions for this?

Does each product have one image or are there multiple images to the same product. If one image to one product, use FTP and upload the mass images to the images/uploads folder. If you do this, you'll also need to create your own thumbnails. I posted about how to do that here.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Any solutions for this?

Does each product have one image or are there multiple images to the same product. If one image to one product, use FTP and upload the mass images to the images/uploads folder. If you do this, you'll also need to create your own thumbnails. I posted about how to do that here.

Good luck!

I have the exact same problem. And it can take for ever to load.

Then you have to trawl through the list, which isn't sorted in any sort of order.

I find it easier just to choose any old image, and then edit the database entry.

Tricky, but easier than uring the GUI

Actually if you wait for the list of images to load in the window, press ctrl+f for find, and search for the image name, it takes seconds to find the image you need, even when you have thousands of photos like I do too. The first time it pulls open the list of images, it will take a few moments, but gets faster each time after that.