I cannot get into my admin panel

Guest Wolffie

Guest Wolffie

My admin panel has suddenly decided it no longer wants to recognise my password hence I cannot add new items to my website. I have used the same info for a couple of years now.

I use SmartFTP and when they decided they no longer wanted to provide it for free I paid for 12 months technical help.

That's when my problems started.

I have contacted them for assistance but all I get is to use MyAdmin to recover my password.

Problem is that I have no idea how to do that.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks

Wolffie

I believe the thing with CC3 is that *anyone* can click the Request Password link and CC will generate a new password, replacing the current one, and email the new one to you. So, if you weren't paying attention to your e-mails, you may have a new password and not know it.

But that's OK, since you can just request another one.

The advice to "use

MyAdmin to recover my password" is standard answer number 46: everything can be fixed by accessing your database with this tool. (Which you can, but that's another story.) You can't recover your password as it is one-way encrypted. But you can replace it.

Guest Wolffie

I believe the thing with CC3 is that *anyone* can click the Request Password link and CC will generate a new password, replacing the current one, and email the new one to you. So, if you weren't paying attention to your e-mails, you may have a new password and not know it.

Nobody else has access to my computer and every time I request a new password, it never arrives in my mailbox :(

The advice to "use

MyAdmin to recover my password" is standard answer number 46: everything can be fixed by accessing your database with this tool. (Which you can, but that's another story.) You can't recover your password as it is one-way encrypted. But you can replace it.

I have downloaded phpMyAdmin but cannot work out how to use it :dizzy:

Very sad case

Wolffie

• 2 months later...
Guest Klutzys

The advice to "use

Any idea how I can replace the password when the email used to request a new password has long been dead?

Thanks,

Tammy

Use phpMyAdmin to access the _admin_users table. There you can give yourself a new email address. Then request from the store a new password.

There *may* be an issue here as this table has no PRIMARY index. There's just an index. (With the MySQL Query Browser by MySQL AB, not having a primary key means one cannot edit the data pseudo-directly. One has to issue UPDATE statements.)

Guest Klutzys

Use phpMyAdmin to access the _admin_users table. There you can give yourself a new email address. Then request from the store a new password.

There *may* be an issue here as this table has no PRIMARY index. There's just an index. (With the MySQL Query Browser by MySQL AB, not having a primary key means one cannot edit the data pseudo-directly. One has to issue UPDATE statements.)

Good timing. I actually found the phpMyAdmin to work easily. However, now I can log on but have so many errors I don't know what happened. Something broke during the move. Any ideas??? I copy/pasted the errors:

Warning: include_once(/home1/XXXXX/public_html/classes/db.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such

file or directory in /home1/XXXXX/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 59

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home1/XXXXX/public_html/classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion

(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/XXXXX/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/admin/includes/auth.inc.php

on line 59

Warning: include(/home1/XXXXX/public_html/admin/includes/navigation.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No

such file or directory in /home1/XXXXX/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/admin/includes/header.inc.php on line 56

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home1/XXXXX/public_html/admin/includes/navigation.inc.php' for

inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in

/home1/XXXXX/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/admin/includes/header.inc.php on line 56

Logged in as: XXXXX [ Logout | Change Password ]

Friday 26, December 2008

Welcome to the CubeCartâ„¢ Administration Control Panel

Last login by Dec 25 2008, 22:41 PM by XXXXX

Store Overview:

CubeCart Version: 3.0.17 Visit the CubeCart Downloads Server

PHP Version: 5.2.8 Number of Products: 75

MySQL Version: 5.0.67-community-log Number of Customers: 5

Image upload folder size:

Warning: opendir(/home1/XXXXX/public_html/images/uploads) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory

in /home1/XXXXX/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/includes/functions.inc.php on line 351

0 Bytes Number of Orders: 1

Server Software: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4

FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

Client Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

Quick Search:

Order Number:

Customer:

Warning: include_once(/home1/XXXXXX/public_html/classes/db.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such

file or directory in /home1/XXXXX/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 59

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home1/XXXXX/public_html/classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion

(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/XXXXX/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/admin/includes/auth.inc.php

on line 59

Thanks a million. You guys are great!!!

Tammy

• 4 weeks later...

Move???? You never mentioned anything about a move!!!!

OK, so you moved the store. The *very* next step is to update the "/includes/global.inc.php" file. Here's the clue:

Warning: include_once(

/home1/XXXXX/public_html/classes/db.inc.php)

[function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

/home1/XXXXX/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 59

The store is reading from this config file the location of your store: "/public_html/classes/" but the file that is calling the include is actually located at "/public_html/jttenterprise/shop/".

So, in the config file, change rootDir by ADDING to the end of whatever is there now with "/jttenterprise/shop" (no trailing slash) and change rootRel by ADDING to the end of whatever is there now with "store/". Finally, change storeURL by ADDING to the end of whatever is there with "/store" (no trailing slash).