Private Label

Guest rapidweb

Guest Brivtech

The terms state that you can't rebrand the software. However, you are welcome to customise the software, if you give it a different name, you must acknowledge that the system is or is based (if heavily modified) on CubeCart, and you must also leave all copyright notices within the code files intact, whether you buy the copyright removal key or not.

Contact CubeCart Customer Support for further clarification, and for the licensing terms, look here: http://www.cubecart.com/v4-software-license

Guest rapidweb

In a nut shell you can't rename it "XYZ Cart" but you can remove all CubeCart branding if a copyright removal key is purchased from the HTML output but not form the source code. This way it is anonymous.

I don’t mind to have the Cube Cart logo in the source or even on the page. However, when my customer logs in, I don’t want the branding of Cube Cart to be so visible. I want my own. Is it possible?

Guest rapidweb

You would also have to comment out in the code the version check so the client would not be redirected to cubecart when clicked.

Degsey

Hi,

I'm not that technical. What is "Comment Out" and how do you do that?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wrk_InProgress

You would also have to comment out in the code the version check so the client would not be redirected to cubecart when clicked.

Degsey

Hi,

I'm not that technical. What is "Comment Out" and how do you do that?

in the php file, to comment a line you do the following to this EXAMPLE code

echo "This is my php code";

change it to

// echo "This is my php code";

By adding the " // " you have commented out the code and it will not execute.

If the code is in a block or several lines, you can do the following instead of adding " // " to each line,

if ($phpCode == TRUE) {

echo "This is working php code";}

else {

echo "This is still working php code";}

change it to

/ * if ($phpCode == TRUE) {

echo "This is working php code";}

else {

echo "This is still working php code";} */

So you can have "commented out" that entire block of code by placing it between " / * " and " * \"

HTH

Guest Wrk_InProgress

Also, since Al has already posted in this thread, maybe I can semi-hijack (please) and add an additional question.

Is there anyway we can private label the license error messages ? Specifically, I would like to remove the one mention of Cubecart in the error message.

I love you guys at Cubecart, I really do, but I think if we've paid for the license and removal tool, it would be great to remove it from the license error messages