Warning Messages at the top of my website since I changed webhosts

Guest sampdoriano

Guest sampdoriano

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me I've recently had to move my website from its old webhosts Lycos Web (who've been credit crunched) to another company called Strato. With Strato's excellent customer support I've managed to upload my website onto their hosting however a few things appear to have changed firstly my £ signs have turned into ? marks & secondly I keep getting the following warnings at the top of my website:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web8/23/05/51955805/htdocs/www/includes/global.inc.php:12) in /mnt/web8/23/05/51955805/htdocs/www/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /mnt/web8/23/05/51955805/htdocs/www/includes/global.inc.php:12) in /mnt/web8/23/05/51955805/htdocs/www/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web8/23/05/51955805/htdocs/www/includes/global.inc.php:12) in /mnt/web8/23/05/51955805/htdocs/www/includes/session.inc.php on line 95

I would be very grateful if anyone on these forums would be able to help me fix these errors.

Thanks in advance

Mass

When PHP starts to interpret the commands in a file, it looks for the PHP start code: <?php

If there is ANYTHING before that, a space, a blank line, whatever, PHP considers that as web page content to be sent untouched. However, that means that the web page has already started to be sent, and PHP can't restart it.

So, load the file /includes/global.inc.php into a common text editor (NOT anything like Dreamweaver or Frontpage) and make sure that <?php is on the very top line and is the very first few characters.