Duplicate transactions?

dcorc

We are running a site using v3, and are seeing duplicate transactions, and wonder:

1. how they happen; and

2. how to stop them.

To explain further.

We are seeing, in the table Cubecart_Order_Inv, situations occasionally where there are multiple records with the same "Cubecart_Order_id", and sequential "ID"s

So our customers are making one transaction, but it's getting written to the table repeatedly (say 2 or 3 copies).

I'd assume that this might perhaps have something to do with customers going back and forth through the pages when placing an order?

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Dave

Guest cartpauj

what version of CC are you using? I have .18 and I tried to created duplicate orders and can't and that's without installing any mods to prevent such a thing.

I should add - thank you for assistance.

I'm trying to understand the mechanism by which entries get added there, by the cart - I also note that IDs are not entirely sequential (that is, some IDs get skipped), and there's code which seems designed to delete entries, so I'm guessing that the process is that at some point during the customer filling out the order form, it writes to the table, and then if the order doesn't fully go through it deletes it again, and that under some circumstances this may fail to occur. Does this make sense, or have I misunderstood? Grateful for any guidance, or walkthrough of the process by which that "write" occurs.

Dave

Guest cartpauj

I understand you completely but I also do not know enough about CC to give you an answer. However, the duplicate order issue doesn't appear to be a problem with 3.0.18 so you may try upgrading. If that's too much of a hassle then I believe there is a mod out there that prevents duplicate orders from the same IP.

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showforum=5

In the table xxx_cubecart_order_inv, there are more than one record with the same "Order No" (aka cart_order_id) when there are more than one item sold in the cart - say, a book and a shirt. The table has unique ID's for the store's internal management purposes.

You will notice each record has the specific product ID, Code, and Name for that item sold from the cart.