moving from creloaded to cubecart - advise

Guest stevegos

Guest stevegos

Hi, I have been asked to take an existing web site that is using Creloaded 6.2 pro white label and migrate it over to the latest version of Cubecart. The existing database is rather large and contains around 30000 products!

Is this possible?

Has anyone done this?

Any advice apart from run a mile!?

Please help.

Thanks, Steve

Steve,

I assume you'll want to retain any existing categories for these 30K products? This will complicate things, but it is possible.

If there are product options (colour/size etc), this will complicate things even more.

CubeCart 4 does have a catalogue import tool, but this won't bring in categories and you'll have to manually place each product into the correct category. Ok for 100 products, but not an option for 30K

I have seen companies offering translation scripts, and would advise googling for them. If they can't help, then your option is to find someone for some paid assistance.

You will need to provide details of what is required (images/options/categories etc), remember that to import product text (no images or category details) is fairly simple, even if done direct to the database.

I'm sorry there isn't a quick fix for this, but it is possible.

Jason

Hi, I have been asked to take an existing web site that is using Creloaded 6.2 pro white label and migrate it over to the latest version of Cubecart. The existing database is rather large and contains around 30000 products!

Is this possible?

Has anyone done this?

Any advice apart from run a mile!?

Please help.

Thanks, Steve

As already mentioned above, this does depend on exactly what you are trying to import as to how complicated it will be. I havent done anything with exported data from Creloaded but have loaded products exported from other E-Commerce systems successfully for clients. The amount of time (and therefore the cost if you pay somebody to do it for you rather than do it yourself) does depend on the points that Jason has mentioned but would be pretty straight forward loading directly into the mySQL database

Regards

Ian

Guest stevegos

Thanks Guys.

Yes I would need to import all the categories, products, text, images, product options as well, plus existing customer details.

I have found a company providing ecommerce conversions and imports. But they don't list cubecart4 on their web site, just version 3. Perhaps I need to email them to enquire.

If anyone has a good solution to this, I am willing to pay for the job to be completed.

Thanks, Steve

Thanks Guys.

Yes I would need to import all the categories, products, text, images, product options as well, plus existing customer details.

I have found a company providing ecommerce conversions and imports. But they don't list cubecart4 on their web site, just version 3. Perhaps I need to email them to enquire.

If anyone has a good solution to this, I am willing to pay for the job to be completed.

Thanks, Steve

Steve

Commercial contributors are not allowed to advertise on these forums, only over at cubecartforums.org

Regards

Ian

• 9 months later...
Guest Maksym

This is availbale with Cart2Cart. With this service you will be able to migrate store's data from CRE Loaded to CubeCart fast, accurate and safe.