White line, Shopping Carts, & Logins oh my!

Guest BunOven

Guest BunOven

Please forgive me, as I am a struggling n00b. I've managed to get pretty far with the layout with the information I've found here, but here are some things I did not find.

White Line

I've been modding the Killer skin, however after I removed the tabs, I am left with a white line above the category bar. Is there any way to remove that? My site = http://www.babypipsqueak.com Also how do I make the category bar smaller without it eating the bottom of the words. It's like it gets smaller from the bottom up

Shopping Cart

I would like to make a little design for the shopping cart, however not in the box provided. (ie not as simple as changing the photo of the current shopping cart.) To give an example, www.mamabargains.com has a version that is similar to my "vision". If this is not possible, then I would like to link the shopping cart into the category bar.... and would need help to do that.

Login and Register

Do customers HAVE to register? If not, could someone help me to remove that requirement? If so, could someone let me know how to move it into the Category bar, or anywhere it doesn't need an entire box. The same thing goes for the search menu.

Footer

I seem to have kicked out the links from the footer. Help!

Pertinent Info

Using CC3

My Website

I have NO IDEA what PHP and SQL (or any other mismatched constanants) mean, so PLEASE be gentle

Those are all my questions (for now :P ). Thank you all sooooooo much!

****Slides fresh baked cookies over to the Cubecart Forum Gods***** :errm:

White Line:

You have a <div id="subSurround"> with no visible styles assigned to it. Add that to your stylesheet with zero margins and padding and see what happens. If nothing changes, remove the div and see what happens.

Login:

A stick CC install - yes. See the mods at cubecartforums.org for assistance.

Guest BunOven

Thanks Bsmithers!

I got the rid of the white line, although it was not a <div> tag. Turns out the topheader had a footer margin. I also figured out the footer issue by removing the <nbsp> from the site_docs.tpl. I also figured out how to move the login/register by moving {session} above the the topheader in index.tpl and getting rid of the session box all together.

I also checked out the other forum for the mod and may have found something to fit my needs, Thanks so much!