Unable to unistall and reinstall CC4 trial version

Guest Julius Kinyua

Guest Julius Kinyua

Hi,

I installed the trial version of CC4 but did not manage to make it work since my server did not have the compatible PHP version. I now have the compatible PHP version but the trial version had already expired. I have tried to delete the uploaded files so that I reload a new trial version but I am getting the following errors:

1. When i try to delete old files: Response: 550 Delete operation failed.

2. When i try to upload new files and overwrite old ones : Response: 553 Could not create file

Please help. I need to test the platform before i can purchase.

Regards.

Julius

Hi,

I installed the trial version of CC4 but did not manage to make it work since my server did not have the compatible PHP version. I now have the compatible PHP version but the trial version had already expired. I have tried to delete the uploaded files so that I reload a new trial version but I am getting the following errors:

2. When i try to upload new files and overwrite old ones : Response: 553 Could not create file

Regards.

Julius

This is nothing to do with CubeCart - error 550 is always a pernission problem of some sort. Check the permissions of files within each directory and also check to see that you are seeing any hidden files.

The second error is because of the first - remove all the files and directories first

Regards

Ian

Guest Julius Kinyua

Hi,

Regards.

Julius

This is nothing to do with CubeCart - error 550 is always a pernission problem of some sort. Check the permissions of files within each directory and also check to see that you are seeing any hidden files.

The second error is because of the first - remove all the files and directories first

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

I have checked the file permission and they are set at 755. I have tried to change to 777 but i get an error message: 550 SITE CHMOD command failed.

What is the problem?

Regards

Julius

Hi Julius

As I said before - error 550 is always a permission error of some sort. The fact that you are unable to CHMOD files proves that and probably shows that it is the permissions on a directory. Without having access to your system to see directly what is going on, it would be very difficult to tell you any more as you are not giving any detailed information to work with here.

Have you tried asking your hosting company - if they cant help or are unwilling to help and you still cant get see what is causing the problem, then I would suggest changing hosting companies to one that can !

Regards

Ian

Guest Julius Kinyua

Hi Julius

As I said before - error 550 is always a permission error of some sort. The fact that you are unable to CHMOD files proves that and probably shows that it is the permissions on a directory. Without having access to your system to see directly what is going on, it would be very difficult to tell you any more as you are not giving any detailed information to work with here.

Have you tried asking your hosting company - if they cant help or are unwilling to help and you still cant get see what is causing the problem, then I would suggest changing hosting companies to one that can !

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

I have managed to sort out the problem with my hosting company. I have then installed the the site successfully but when i go to the store's shop front and admin side, i just see a junk of php code. Please visit www.myshop.co.ke and see what the problem is.

Regards,

Julius

Hi Ian,

I have managed to sort out the problem with my hosting company. I have then installed the the site successfully but when i go to the store's shop front and admin side, i just see a junk of php code. Please visit www.myshop.co.ke and see what the problem is.

Regards,

Julius

Hi Julius

You either didnt install it correctly or there is still a problem with your hosting - are you sure that your hosting account fully supports CubeCart ? If you are 100% sure that it does support CubeCart then I would suggest you get back onto your hosting company or ask somebody to install CubeCart for you

Regards

Ian

Guest Julius Kinyua

Hi Ian,

Regards,

Julius

Hi Julius

You either didnt install it correctly or there is still a problem with your hosting - are you sure that your hosting account fully supports CubeCart ? If you are 100% sure that it does support CubeCart then I would suggest you get back onto your hosting company or ask somebody to install CubeCart for you

Regards

Ian

I have reinstalled the store and now it is ok except that the product Description box in admin is inactive. Any idea of the cause of this problem?

Guest Julius Kinyua

Hi Ian,

Regards,

Julius

Hi Julius

Regards

Ian

I have reinstalled the store and now it is ok except that the product Description box in admin is inactive. Any idea of the cause of this problem?

It is now ok. Thanks alot.