change the size of the topHeader.gif file killer skin

Guest Zev

Hi,

is it possible to change the size (length) of the topHeader.gif ,instead of being the normal size (96x175) to 96 x 450,i like to extend the full length of the page.

Z

Depending on the template, this will probably be achieved via editing the CSS file layout.css in your template directory;

#topHeader {

height: 157px;

...stuff goes here.... 

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif);

}

you can set the height in the above style.

This may push everything down.... in which case, you'll need to swot up on CSS..

Jason

Guest Planet28

You can also change the image size through the actual cube cart admin page. Go down to homepage under site documents. It brings up a document editor--select the "insert image" button--which looks like a mountain. There is a height and width size editor in that pane.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on the template, this will probably be achieved via editing the CSS file layout.css in your template directory;

#topHeader {

height: 157px;

...stuff goes here.... 

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif);

}

you can set the height in the above style.

This may push everything down.... in which case, you'll need to swot up on CSS..

Jason

hey jason,

thanks for the reply, i am using the killer skin,i think the height is ok ,do i have to set the width(lenght) of the image?

and when you say the stuff goes here ,do you mean the image ?sorry i am a bit confused,what is swot up on css, i am completly ignorate but i can follow clear instructions.

thanks

Z

I could be way wrong here, but this is a background image and as such will fill either its container, repeating unless told otherwise, or will overflow its container - but it will still be behind everything. I haven't actually tried putting a tall image in here.

The topHeader container height attribute could be though to set the distance down to the category tabs.