I have the backet empty issue I can reproduce every time now

Guest Gator_dan

Guest Gator_dan

I am on 4.3.0 with a dedicated ssl cert. If I enable ssl with paypal pro it emptys my cart every time at check out. If I disable ssl and use the paypal standard everything works fine. my site is www.preparednesshelp.com

my ssl settings are

/

and

https://www.preparednesshelp.com

This is killing my business.

I have tried estelles modifications with no luck. I do not want to upgrade cause I do not trust cubecart has fixed this HUGE bug that seems to be happening in every single code they have.

Please help

• 10 months later...

Yep don't trust it. I am running 4.4.3 and I am getting this issue. I have lodged a support ticket and I was told to turn off ssl. I have done that and customers are still having problems. This only happens to some customers and I have no way of knowing how many people have just given up and decided never to return to my store.

There needs to be a solution to this, it is ridiculous.

Ok now it is even weirder. I can have ssl turned off. and enable paypal pro and my shopping cart will be empty at check out. so it is not just the ssl. it is something else.

Even if I do not turn on ssl .. Then https://www.preparednesshelp.com still exists as a secure page.

Any ideas folks?

Hi

Although this wont be causing your SSL problems you should upgrade the PayPal Pro gateway to the latest version - you can just take the PayPal Pro directory from 4.4.3 and overwrite just that without upgrading the whole site (although you should upgrade from 4.3.0 as there are huge improvements in so many areas). I spent a lot of time working through issues with this gateway with Al for clients although in the end must admit that I moved all of them off of PayPal Pro.

You will still be able to access any page on your website via an https url - that is because you still have the security certificate installed on your domain and is nothing to do with whether you have it switched on in CubeCart or not (which just controls which pages are automatically switched to be secure).

There are known problems with the cart appearing to be empty if you are using a shared SSL - this isnt a CubeCart problem as such but because browsers dont like shared SSL. Anyone serious about an E-Commerce business should always have their own dedicated SSL certificate - these start at very low cost and give a better impression to your site visitors

Ian