Missing logo now sort, now got striped colour on new logo.

Please could anyone help me i have just spent about 4 hour searching the forum uploaded my own logo and it wouldn't show. I see a lot of people have had this problem. My problem was that when i uploaded my logo i hadn't changed the name to topHeader.jpg i had just changed the end of the origional file to jpg . I had highlighted the origional file so i thought it would download to that place anyway after much searching for a solution and not finding on i decided to go back to the background folder and check it's contents. I found my file i had uploaded under it's origional name i renamed it and overwrote my firstfile. I went to the store refreshed my page and my logo is there but half is ok and half striped. I am using killer template not that i think this is the prob as if it was the first half would not be ok. You can find me at www.bbsballoons.co.uk.

Hope someone can help me.

According to an image viewer I use, it says the image has become damaged. I suggest you FTP a fresh, undamaged copy to your server and be sure to use "binary" FTP.

Thank you so much the problem was i had not uploaded it in binary, i hadn' seen that mentioned anywhere. Another couple of questions, do you know how i can add text to my header e.g store name. Also when i have gone into a catergory where i have added sub ctegories the main picture has owerlaid 3 pictures on top of eac other e.g the pictures for the 2 sub cats also. I haveset the sub categories under special occasion gifts and linked the photo's to that category. Have i missed something?

would appreciate your help please.

Hi Dennise,

thank you for your reply, sorry if i am sounding a bit thick but i am quiet new at this do i alter the size in top headed? or do i have to add it to where my logo is. If i have to add to logo could you explain how i would do this and do i need to know anything about code? As far as the sub categories goes then do you sugest i don't use them or is there a solution to this problem.

Thanks for any help you can and have given me.

Dale x

Hi all,

update from my last post i have managed to sort the header with my store name and a little discription of what we do. I could still do with some advice on the sub categories showing pictures over laid on category page if anyone has any sugestions please.

Thanks

Dale x.

Hi all,

update from my last post i have managed to sort the header with my store name and a little discription of what we do. I could still do with some advice on the sub categories showing pictures over laid on category page if anyone has any sugestions please.

Thanks

Dale x.

Not following what you are trying to do.

Hi,

i have made a main category special occasion gifts then in there i have put 2 sub categories but when i go into the page the sub catyegory pictures are over lapped onto each other. I have tried and tried to sort it out by linking in different ways but it is still the same. If you would like to take a look to see what i mean you cann find me at bbsballoons.co.uk.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Dale

They look fine to me in both firefox and chrome.

Thanks mysty i managed to sort it out but don't know how to close post sorry. Maybe you could help me with another problem though. I have searched and even downloaded a mod but it will not work. The mod is fixcatcount, i have a product that is listed in the shop that isn't in my database and can't get rid of it. I put it in the cat wrong on bbsballoons.co.uk if you want to look. the mod i had to go to ADMIN CTEGORIES MAKE A DIRECTORY THEN UPLOAD AND IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING I HAVE REREAD THE INSTRUCTIONS TWICE AND DONE IT TWICE BUT NO EFFECT.

Would appreciate any help you can give thanks.

Dale