2 tiny problems

Guest besthandles

Guest besthandles

Hi,

my site besthandles.com is running ok now apart from 2 tiny issues.

1)If client clicks on Update to change their shopping basket at the last minute nothing happens, they just stay on the same screen/page

2)In admin I am unable to delete 'dummy' orders that I tested the site on. I have tried deleting from the customers end as well and this does not work either.

As I say, nothing critical but I would like to put these right if possible

thanks

1. At what step, in particular? I am testing this at the step called 'cart' (the first summary screen - step 1 is logging in) and I can change quantity easily. Is your problem after logging in - further along in the checkout process?

2. Presuming you haven't changed any of the admin coding, the only reason why something isn't getting deleted from the database is that the database 'user' for the store doesn't have DELETE permission.

Can you delete a customer? Can you delete a product?

If you don't know how to check database permissions, you may have to get support from your hosting provider to help. Send me a private message (PM) if you want me to walk you through checking permissions.

Guest besthandles

Hi, and thanks for answering.

1) Ifi enter an order I can change the basket quantities up to step 3, but when I get to step 4 (Address), the 'Update Basket' button does not work, so I can only delete ptoducts and not change quantities

2) I am the 'Super User', can delete products & customers. I am offered the option to delete orders but when I select this and save the 'deleted' order still shows. I have now gone into the order and changed its status to 'cancelled' so at least this now shows

1. At what step, in particular? I am testing this at the step called 'cart' (the first summary screen - step 1 is logging in) and I can change quantity easily. Is your problem after logging in - further along in the checkout process?

2. Presuming you haven't changed any of the admin coding, the only reason why something isn't getting deleted from the database is that the database 'user' for the store doesn't have DELETE permission.

Can you delete a customer? Can you delete a product?

If you don't know how to check database permissions, you may have to get support from your hosting provider to help. Send me a private message (PM) if you want me to walk you through checking permissions.

You said: "I am offered the option to delete orders but when I select this and save the 'deleted' order still shows."

Well, there is no "Save", exactly.

When you hover the mouse cursor over the Delete link, do you get something like the following:

java script:decision('Are you sure you want to delete this?','?delete=070902-190630-8275&customer_id=1');

Do you get the "Database Updated" (or Delete Success/Fail) colored banner at the top of the page that CC sends to you after you click OK on the "Are you sure?" box?

OK, so I understand you want your customers to still be able to edit quantities (as implied by the Update Basket link) on Step 4. As a stock CC is programmed, step 4 does not allow quantities to be changed (as to why, that would be a another discussion). So, perhaps a better solution would be to have CC not show that button on step 4. It's an easy edit - but there are better, more complex solutions.

In the file \includes\content\cart.inc.php, near the end, find this:

$view_cart->assign("LANG_UPDATE_CART_DESC",$lang['front']['cart']['if_changed_quan']);

$view_cart->assign("LANG_UPDATE_CART",$lang['front']['cart']['update_cart']);

and change to this:
	if(isset($_GET['act']) && $_GET['act']=="step4"){

$view_cart->assign("LANG_UPDATE_CART_DESC","");

$view_cart->assign("LANG_UPDATE_CART","";

} else {

$view_cart->assign("LANG_UPDATE_CART_DESC",$lang['front']['cart']['if_changed_quan']);

$view_cart->assign("LANG_UPDATE_CART",$lang['front']['cart']['update_cart']);

}