Adding a bar to the top of the Killer skin

Guest Ninty

Hi All,

The store I am designing has around 30 categories, but I liked the Killer skin. Obviously it would not work correctly with so many categories across the top, so I followed a tutorial on here to move the categories to the left, which worked well.

The only problem is I would like there to be a blue bar along the top, where the categories originally were, so it would just be a blank bar, just to make it look less bare.

I've done it (in MSPaint, lol) but this is exactly what I would like :)

fc1rid.jpg

Any ideas please? :)

Many thanks

Are you saying the image in your post is what you want to see, that is, what you actually have now is no blue bar where the categories were?

If the tutorial is what I think it is, when you replaced the categories.tpl file, you took away the blue bar. Continue reading the conversation and do the categories & categories2 method. Then we can switch off the display of the category tabs sitting on the blue bar.

Are you saying the image in your post is what you want to see, that is, what you actually have now is no blue bar where the categories were?

If the tutorial is what I think it is, when you replaced the categories.tpl file, you took away the blue bar. Continue reading the conversation and do the categories & categories2 method. Then we can switch off the display of the category tabs sitting on the blue bar.

Yeah, there's nothing there at the moment and the top looks a bit bare. I'll have a look at the rest of the tut and let you know how I get on

Yeah, there's nothing there at the moment and the top looks a bit bare. I'll have a look at the rest of the tut and let you know how I get on

Works a treat. Thanks for your help :)