Manual Card Processing and Order Status

bigpedro

Morning All!

Have a site which is using Manual Card Processing as a temp measure which is fine. However during the checkout process the customer selects their payment method and transfer to payment. At this point they get the order placed email and the order is set to pending. However the customer might decide not to enter their card details and proceed.

How would I go about changing this process? In an ideal world we would want the order to be created and emails sent after they have entered their card details and pressed submit.

I guess it is in the order.php > but I can't see what to move to where!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Since I manually run cards, when I find out an ordered was abandoned like this, I'll set the order status to declined and send them an email letting them know we didn't get their card information. If there was a problem, please let us know otherwise the order will not be processed and was auto canceled.

Sometimes they come back and redo it entering a card, sometimes they send me an email with a question I answer and tehn redo it, mostly I never hear from them again (and in 1 weird case, I got an irate letter saying they were glad they didn't finish the order! What would have happened if they had!!! like gee...you would have gotten what you ordered??? confused me lol)

Since I manually run cards, when I find out an ordered was abandoned like this, I'll set the order status to declined and send them an email letting them know we didn't get their card information. If there was a problem, please let us know otherwise the order will not be processed and was auto canceled.

Sometimes they come back and redo it entering a card, sometimes they send me an email with a question I answer and tehn redo it, mostly I never hear from them again (and in 1 weird case, I got an irate letter saying they were glad they didn't finish the order! What would have happened if they had!!! like gee...you would have gotten what you ordered??? confused me lol)

Thanks Mysty

Client doesn't want to do it this way. Any ideas on how to acheive it?