Wordpress skin to Cube cart

Guest Avinitlarge

It's easy and it's hard.

It's easy because CC skins are laid out in a known structure. It would simply be a matter of saving the HTML source as seen by your browser (not adapting from the files from a WordPress installation), and slice-n-dice it to match the CC structure.

The hard part is then locating where in your Wordpress-based theme you want the various parts and pieces of CC content to actually appear, and swapping the blog-based content with the CC placeholders.

So, it's simple in concept, onerous in execution. It took me about 8 man-hours to replicate a design for CC3, and another 8 man-hours to tweak the graphical theme to have small image elements available to CC (box headers, whatever).

Guest Avinitlarge

Ive made a start on it and ive done alot better than I thought. Only stuck on a few bits now. Ive got the main bulk of it done though. I need to add an extra image above the logo and need to add an image at the bottom/footer

This is what I am stuck one. Below are the header and footer from WP. I am trying to add the black parts into my CC4 skin but have failed. I was up till 3 am trying to sort it but nothing

Header.png

footer.png

• 2 months later...
Guest elleseven

Hi Avinitlarge, I was wondering the same thing as you: how easy is it to apply a wordpress template to cube cart. And since you have gotten started with yours, can I ask, how easy is it? Where do you start and how do you customize it?

any tips you can give me will be appreciated! thanks!! :)

Ive made a start on it and ive done alot better than I thought. Only stuck on a few bits now. Ive got the main bulk of it done though. I need to add an extra image above the logo and need to add an image at the bottom/footer

This is what I am stuck one. Below are the header and footer from WP. I am trying to add the black parts into my CC4 skin but have failed. I was up till 3 am trying to sort it but nothing

Header.png

footer.png