Warning in Admin Home

Guest Holmey

I've just installed Cube Cart, (V3.0.17), and at the top of the Admin home page I have the message -

WARNING: The main configuration file 'includes/global.inc.php' is writable and your store is at risk. Please change these permissions to 0644 as soon as possible.

Sounds ominous, can somebody please guide me through how to change these permissions please.

Holmey

Guest thecanfool

I've just installed Cube Cart, (V3.0.17), and at the top of the Admin home page I have the message -

WARNING: The main configuration file 'includes/global.inc.php' is writable and your store is at risk. Please change these permissions to 0644 as soon as possible.

Sounds ominous, can somebody please guide me through how to change these permissions please.

Holmey

Use the file manager in your cpanel to change the permissions from 777 to 644 in the file global.inc.php located in the includes directory

It could be the case that you installed 3.0.17 on a hosted space running under a combination of Microsoft Windows and a version of PHP that does not hold the anticipated string constant for PHP_OS. Cubecart is looking for either "WINNT" or "WIN32". If you installed it on a 64-bit Windows operating system, maybe the constant's value is something else.

Please tell us what operating system, including 32-bit or 64-bit, onto which you installed Cubecart.

IF you installed CC on anything other than a *nix comparable system, please find and download the "Edit Config File" utility from the downloads section on this site. Use it to assign "0" to the 'filePerms' variable. Then remove the utility.

If you did install on Linux or similar, then you can use an FTP program to send a CHMOD command to set the file to 644. (If this means nothing to you, enlist the aid of your hosting provider's tech support.)

• 2 months later...