What to do - All My Stores Have Been Hacked

emerald-fairy

I have been running 3 cube carts happily for the past few years. I had 2 stores on version 3.0.15 and one on 3.0.17 when I received a message from my host Lunar Pages to update the sites. I engaged someone to do the upgrades to version 3.0.20 for me and decided to change one of the stores that had a Goober sign in to see prices mod. So the person upgrading my sites requested the mod which was installed on the new store. Then the worst happened a couple of days later, some one hacked into my store now all my sites hosted with Lunar Pages are infected. 4 cube carts, 2 wordpress blogs and one soholaunch web site.

This happened before my eyes last Wednesday and Thursday and I immediately put in a help desk ticket to Lunar Pages, they originally got back to me with a list of infected files which look like jumbled text along with lots of references to the Mod. I am not sure what caused the problem.

Now Google has listed these stores with warning messages - when you go to EnchantedEmeraldForestBridal.com you get a big red sign saying waring stay away from this site as it may download bad things to your computer - it appears this has happened to all my sites and I don't know what to do!!!!

Please Help ~ I need some advice - what are your suggestions

I wondered if Lunar Pages could do a premium restore back to before my sites were hacked - but I don't know because they haven't got back to me.

Is this a common thing on the web?

My thoughts are to close down and delete every store and web site and start again - the reason is once they have been effected I think there may always be a problem is this a good idea? I am asking before I make any rash move, because it means getting rid of 5 years work.

Any advice would be appreciated Thanks

There has been a rash of CC3 stores infected in the past month or two. While your hosted site may have been infected differently, odds are that the vector was the same as all the other CC3 sites.

You can read up on the various conversations in these forums to get the background, but I invite you to get experienced help in cleaning your site(s).

I can help with the CC3 sites, and probably help with the wordpress and soholaunch.

I just have to say God Bless bsmither for being so helpful and kind in helping me restore my stores and sanity. I just don't know what I would have done without someone special like that crossing my path :)

Thanks Robsta for posting the link which may have been the problem as a new 3.0.20 had just been installed.

Thanks for being there guys ~ it means a lot

Blessings Always Lynn