Using Cubecart for Service Business

I am planning of starting a new service business in which I will be taking orders for printed items. I will not be stocking anything. I will just be taking the orders and the printing company will be drop shipping for me.

The problem is that I will not know the shipping charges when the order is placed. So I would need the shopping cart to take the order for all of the printed items and leave the shipping field blank. Then I would contact the printing business to find out the shipping charges and add it to the shopping cart's invoice. The customer will then need to decide if they wish to complete the order and submit payment.

Can Cubecart handle this type of transaction?

In my opinion, one modification would be needed for CC4 (Add/Edit Orders to manually add shipping) and the order will be in the Customer's Account Order Pending screen (or so I believe).

Since CC3 does not have an Order Pending list for the customer to deal with, that would be an additional modification.

But the bottom line is, yes, I believe you can accomplish your business model with CC.