Authorize Error 13

Guest Copper Man

Guest Copper Man

Currently using the SIM method, want to change over to AIM once the store has been running okay. But here's what I've been getting (still in test mode):

(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

Using HostMonster. I'm sure it's a simple thing, but I can't get the two to talk to each other.

Authorize.net requires that you have an active account with them, even when your store's Authorize.net gateway is in test mode. And you can take the gateway out of test mode and put your Authorize.net account into a test mode.

So, please visit your Authorize.net account portal (this has nothing to do with HostMonster), find the screen that gets you your transaction ID numbers, and use those two numbers in the Authorize.net gateway admin settings screen. Neither of these transaction numbers are your Authorize.net account number, even though the wording in the gateway admin settings screen imply that one of them is.

Guest Copper Man

Aha. Turned out that it wasn't the I.D. (I had the correct API ID in there), but the fact that the Module was set to test as well as Authorize.

Beautiful, thanks.

I had the same problem! (Error 13 seemed to be in a testing mode -- no matter what we did)

After 4 days of searching the forum, chatting with Authorize.net, trying different things, and having a nice people to help me ... I found a solution

The Authorize.net problem is now fixed -- WooHoo

I'm not sure about the html fix, but there are two different gateways listed for the The Authorize.net -- credit cards in the cubecart3 back area:

The one we were trying to use was The Authorize.net -- SIM (the first listing)

a few spaces below on the list was The Authorize.net -- AIM (the second listing)

The SIM did not work --- the AIM did work!

1) Disable the SIM and fill out the form for the AIM.

2) Enable the AIM and buy something from yourself! It worked!!!

It is all good now! Thanks everyone!

Yes, SIM is where the store sends your customer off to another site to make the transaction. The much more preferred way, and the way Authorize.net will set you up unless you specifically ask for the other, is AIM. AIM keeps your customer on your site to execute the payment transaction.