4.4.4 to 4.4.5 Diff File

Guest Roger Huston

Guest Roger Huston

Hello,

I see that 4.4.5 was released today. Could you also post the latest Diff file too?

Thank you,

Roger

Guest arames

Hello All,

I created my own. I am not sure if it is correct, but it should be close.

- Roger

Thanx Roger ... but I still hope that Al can give us the ultimate answer since all my websites are live and I cant risk anything :(

Anticipated thanx,

Arames T.

Hello All,

- Roger

Thanx Roger ... but I still hope that Al can give us the ultimate answer since all my websites are live and I cant risk anything :(

Anticipated thanx,

Arames T.

Then an investment in a file comparison tool like 'Beyond Compare' would benefit you much more than a change file.

Guest arames

Hello All,

- Roger

Anticipated thanx,

Arames T.

Then an investment in a file comparison tool like 'Beyond Compare' would benefit you much more than a change file.

So you are suggesting we do a file compare for each and every file we have to see what changes Al did? :unsure:

Can we at least get the names of the files that were changed?? :on2long:

So you are suggesting we do a file compare for each and every file we have to see what changes Al did? :unsure:

Can we at least get the names of the files that were changed?? :on2long:

I suggest you take a look at the software rather than complaining about my suggestion.

Guest Joff

As Robsta's said, using a tool like Beyond Compare or Araxis Merge is pretty much essential for anyone upgrading CubeCart sites with 3rd party mods installed.

Guest arames

Yes we all use such tools of course, but we need at least to know what files have been updated so we can see what was changed ... we cant go checking all the files ...

Guest Joff

Yes we all use such tools of course, but we need at least to know what files have been updated so we can see what was changed ... we cant go checking all the files ...

But if you use the tools you can scan the root of your site and see which files are different, these tools can compare folders as well as files! :)

Guest arames

But if you use the tools you can scan the root of your site and see which files are different, these tools can compare folders as well as files! :)

Since our CubeCart had a lot of changes over the course of the years, then these tools will find almost each file different, this is why it is much faster to wait for Alistair to tell us what files have been changed wouldn't it?

Three considerations:

1. Devellion does not go back and tweak files of previous versions. No evidence suggests this. (Although admin_enc_ion.php has the exact same Last Accessed Date (although exactly 6hrs, 0mins, 0secs later), yet v4.4.5 has 16 less bytes than v4.4.4 and is very much different.)

2. Your unzip utility keeps the last modified date of archive contents intact.

3. From your CubeCart.com Dashboard, you can download stock packages of CC4.

Use WinDiff (free and fast) to compare folder trees.. It shows a list of 31 files changed by Last Modified Date between 4.4.3 and 4.4.4. It shows a list of 29 files changed by Last Modified Date between 4.4.4 and 4.4.5.

And it does a very good job of showing textual changes.

Since our CubeCart had a lot of changes over the course of the years, then these tools will find almost each file different, this is why it is much faster to wait for Alistair to tell us what files have been changed wouldn't it?

If you were familiar with such tools, you'll know that you can compare all files within a directory structure providing the exact same or similar report that Al would provide with the added benefit of being able to copy your own code changes over.

If you've not used comparison tools before, the best way to identify all changes to your own store is to compare your store files to a shipped version of the same release. This flags up all your changes which are easy to copy across to the new release files.

There are several ways to upgrade a store, copying your changes over to the new release files, or copying the CubeCart release changes to your live files. The best way to determine which method to take is a direct comparison between the a clean version of your store release and a clean version of the new release. You can then see which requires the least work.