cannot edit home page

nutbags.co.uk

Since coming home from holiday 2 weeks ago I cannot edit my sites homepage.Everything worked fine before!

Now if I update the homepage then click the update button,i get the message saying it has updated but it actually stays as it was.If I can change the source then edit in html it seems to work sometimes,but now I cannot get the source to change either!

I put in a cubecart support ticket and they looked and said it worked fine.I tried it and sure enough it worked first time for me but now its stopped again.Cubecart suggested emptying the cache which i've done without success.I can edit products and site documents ok,its just the homepage that won't.I also have 2 seperate websites and the other one works fine.All settings are the same.

any ideas?

thanks

Since coming home from holiday 2 weeks ago I cannot edit my sites homepage.Everything worked fine before!

Now if I update the homepage then click the update button,i get the message saying it has updated but it actually stays as it was.If I can change the source then edit in html it seems to work sometimes,but now I cannot get the source to change either!

I put in a cubecart support ticket and they looked and said it worked fine.I tried it and sure enough it worked first time for me but now its stopped again.Cubecart suggested emptying the cache which i've done without success.I can edit products and site documents ok,its just the homepage that won't.I also have 2 seperate websites and the other one works fine.All settings are the same.

any ideas?

thanks

Since initial message I follow cubecarts advice and cleared cache.Nothing happend when I tried it in the sites Maintenance section so I did it through the FTP editing pages.Everythinng worked fine after that until the next day when its all back as my earlier message.AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!! any ideas anyone?

Using FTP, look at the filename timestamp of the homepage file, home.inc.php in your language folder.

Edit the file in the admin screens and save. Now look at the timestamp again. Did it change?

Since there is a home.inc.php in every language folder, are you editing in one language but your store is showing a different language?

You said you edited the file after having retrieved it via FTP? Does the timestamp on the file now show a date earlier than today, the day you last edited it?

===================

I just now recalled that after editing the Home Page Document, the new content and any edits afterward is stored in the database. So the timestamp questions above are irrelevant to CC4.

Do you have direct access to your database?

Have you for any reason (mods, etc) made changes to the code in the file \admin\sources\docs\home.inc.php? What version of CC4 are you using?

Using FTP, look at the filename timestamp of the homepage file, home.inc.php in your language folder.

Edit the file in the admin screens and save. Now look at the timestamp again. Did it change?

Since there is a home.inc.php in every language folder, are you editing in one language but your store is showing a different language?

You said you edited the file after having retrieved it via FTP? Does the timestamp on the file now show a date earlier than today, the day you last edited it?

===================

I just now recalled that after editing the Home Page Document, the new content and any edits afterward is stored in the database. So the timestamp questions above are irrelevant to CC4.

Do you have direct access to your database?

Have you for any reason (mods, etc) made changes to the code in the file \admin\sources\docs\home.inc.php? What version of CC4 are you using?

i'm using 4.4.2 no changes made to this file.As said in 1st message everything worked fine until I tried to update homepage after returning from holiday.My other cubecart website works ok and i've now found if i try to update on a different pc,rather than my usual laptop,it works.I'm guessing this means its a problem with my laptop rather than general though why is my other site working ok??

thanks for help

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Roger Huston

this problem improved for a while then after getting a new laptop it returned on both my websites.After taking advice from cubecart techs i've now changed my internet browser and ditch internet explorer in favour of chrome.seems to be ok now.

Glad you ditched IE. Chrome is nice, but FireFox has more Web Development Tools that makes debugging stuff much easier. Personally, Firebug is ok, but I live the Web Developer Toolbar, not to mention Mesure IT and Color Picker.

- Roger