Upgrade - Use a New Skin?

Guest keithwjones

Guest keithwjones

I am looking at upgrading a CC4 site which is based on Kitablue skin.

I have made various changes with regards favicon, colours, copyright and category images on home page - fairly basic changes.

In addition, more technical, I have also added two new boxes which go in the columns, they are a search by manufacturer where you click on an image.

I have added two mods Quick Edit Product Options CC4 v1.5 and Stock Levels for Product Options CC4 v1.8 which I know will no longer work in CC5.

My question, which is relevant to many, is should I forget about Kitablue and use one of the new skins in CC5. Is this a case of just get on with it and sort it out, once I have done a standard upgrade.

Keith

The Vanilla skin is supplied for just such a reason. It's a full-featured skin but with hardly any design at all. It's the closest you can get to a blank slate for V5.

:w00t:

• 5 months later...

Interesting :)

Out of interest is there any document that explains the architecture of the cc V5 skins?

I know v4 very well but im eager to get to know v5. Just wondering if there is any useful material out there you have read or watched that you'd recommend?