Print order for template editing

Guest dunxy

Guest dunxy

Ok I know this has been discussed for the previous versions of CC, but buggered if I can find the correct file to edit as the file structure/naming seems to have changed on version 5. I have tried making edits to both index.tpl and print.tpl but nothing works or it breaks the form entirely.

I want to remove the swift/iban field

and

rename sort code to BSB number to suit local banking.

Little help please?

Guest hennaboy

CC5 is a complete recode and restructure of the entire system. So trying to apply CC4 modifications and edits may not work.

You should be able to change / remove what you wish from the tpl file in the modules/gateway/Print_Order_Form/skin/print.tpl

Is that the file you have already tried to change?

You may need to also look at the admin/styles which is where the print css is kept and admin/skins/default/templates and the file orders.print

Guest dunxy

CC5 is a complete recode and restructure of the entire system. So trying to apply CC4 modifications and edits may not work.

Thought as much.

You should be able to change / remove what you wish from the tpl file in the modules/gateway/Print_Order_Form/skin/print.tpl

Is that the file you have already tried to change?

Yes, and it seems any time i change the text for the fields i want to edit they just end up blank in the form.

You may need to also look at the admin/styles which is where the print css is kept and admin/skins/default/templates and the file orders.print

Cant see anything relating to the changes I want to make in these files.

Guest hennaboy

The print order form is a cache created file. Its created and then destroyed once you have printed it off or returned back to the store.

There is probably a class which also controls the creation and deletion of the file but I wouldnt expect any of the info to be in there.

Perhaps your cache is not removing the file and your having issues due to that?

• 5 months later...

I know this an old thread but it may help someone who is trying to do this.

This will replace 'sort_code' with 'bsb_code'

Find these files and replace all instances of 'sort_code' with 'bsb_code'

Modules/gateway/print_order_form/language/module.definitions.xml

Modules/gateway/print_order_form/skin/admin/index.tpl

Modules/gateway/print_order_form/skin/print.tpl

language/definitions.xml ( Be aware there is a warning against editing this file, however if you dont your changes will show in admin but you will get a blank space when viewed on your store)

Ok I know this has been discussed for the previous versions of CC, but buggered if I can find the correct file to edit as the file structure/naming seems to have changed on version 5. I have tried making edits to both index.tpl and print.tpl but nothing works or it breaks the form entirely.

I want to remove the swift/iban field

and

rename sort code to BSB number to suit local banking.

Little help please?

This may be what you need:

admin/skins/default/templates/orders.print.php

If you edit the files I mentioned above it will work. Just replace all instances of swift/ban_code with bsb_code.

Im certainly no expert but this but I currently have this working on my site. If anyone knows how to do it without editing the language/definitions.xml file I'd be interested to know.

• 6 months later...

I know this an old thread but it may help someone who is trying to do this.

This will replace 'sort_code' with 'bsb_code'

Find these files and replace all instances of 'sort_code' with 'bsb_code'

Modules/gateway/print_order_form/language/module.definitions.xml

Modules/gateway/print_order_form/skin/admin/index.tpl

Modules/gateway/print_order_form/skin/print.tpl

language/definitions.xml ( Be aware there is a warning against editing this file, however if you dont your changes will show in admin but you will get a blank space when viewed on your store)

Has anyone else tried this? I tried it and came out with nothing at all where 'Sort Code' was previously on my print order form?