product option drop down boxes

nutbags.co.uk

hi All,I've set up some product options on my website where I sell bird seed.I sell it loose by the kilo or in whole sacks.I have set up the product as 1kg of each seed with a drop down option of selecting a whole sack,but I have to show the sack price as the price of 1kg + an extra amount.For example if 1kg of seed is £2 and a sack is £28 the drop down product option lists it as +£26 I think this might be confusing to customers so how can I make the drop down option show the total price and when added to basket,it registers correct price? web site is at www.birdfood2u.co.uk if you want to see what i've done.Only on seed and nut products.thanks

There have been similar situations at other stores (individual vs case lots) and my suggestion to them was that you could create separate products: ProductA is a 15kg item, ProductB is a 5kg item, ProductC is a 1kg item, etc.

Otherwise, you might browse the catalog at www.cubecartforums.org for a Show Real Price of Options type of mod.