Google Merchant Center / Google Base support

Guest Westhouse IT

Product feed  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Westhouse IT

Currently the XML feed from Cubecart for providing products from the store to Google Merchant Centre (was Google Base) only allows for one image to be sent. Google allows you to provide additional images.

I've mentioned this to Cubecart support and the answer is: "The other images are optional. I don't know if/when we will support that feature."

So I'm wondering whether I'm the only one who feels that support for this is important. Please vote.

Currently the XML feed from Cubecart for providing products from the store to Google Merchant Centre (was Google Base) only allows for one image to be sent. Google allows you to provide additional images.

I've mentioned this to Cubecart support and the answer is: "The other images are optional. I don't know if/when we will support that feature."

So I'm wondering whether I'm the only one who feels that support for this is important. Please vote.

I find myself out-growing CC everyday... :(

Guest discoworld

Yes we are certainly finding that CC isn't keeping pace with the changes needed for the modern Digital Marketing strategy and by the end of this month will have completely overhauled the site with very little of it resembling CC4. I had hopes on CC5, but it seems to be just failing from the start with more bad reports than good ones.

I have a vintage site where I have 28 images on one chocolate service set. But I've never tried to put more than one photo on Google. If it were easy to do I would probably do it for a few items, but it's not an important feature for me. Being able to easily show all those images on CC is much more important to me. I'm having to make do with a workaround to show all those images as CC stands now.

Guest Stefan2011

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to use Google Base services as it disapproves all the Google-Base files that cubecart creates.

No items inserted

Your data feed has been disapproved because some or all of your items are not complying with our Program Policies.

If you are submitting a data feed created by a third party which has been disapproved multiple times, please contact the service provider you are using for help resolving the issue with your feed.

I can't see that it is any of the products that are getting disapproved, I believe it is the format of the file CC is creating.

Any help on this would be great

Guest Westhouse IT

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to use Google Base services as it disapproves all the Google-Base files that cubecart creates.

No items inserted

Your data feed has been disapproved because some or all of your items are not complying with our Program Policies.

If you are submitting a data feed created by a third party which has been disapproved multiple times, please contact the service provider you are using for help resolving the issue with your feed.

I can't see that it is any of the products that are getting disapproved, I believe it is the format of the file CC is creating.

Stefan, have you read through the requirements for what you submit, particularly the need to have product ID numbers (EAN,etc.)? If that's not the problem then you're best starting a new thread about your problem. :)

Guest Stefan2011

No items inserted

Stefan, have you read through the requirements for what you submit, particularly the need to have product ID numbers (EAN,etc.)? If that's not the problem then you're best starting a new thread about your problem. :)

I have such obscure items from the ministry of defense that i sell, they do not have UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN Codes.

What are the other possibilities? My products do not seem to conflict with any of Google's terms!

Any advice?

Stefan

Guest Westhouse IT

I have such obscure items from the ministry of defense that i sell, they do not have UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN Codes.

What are the other possibilities? My products do not seem to conflict with any of Google's terms!

Any advice?

Stefan

In that case it's best to start a new thread and post full details of errors, etc.