Accordion Menu Problems

Guest jgislermn

Guest jgislermn

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to contain the menu in the cart? We have 13 main categories, and the tons of sub categories and a few sub/sub categories. When you hover over the navigation tree everything goes crazy and expands and does not 'close' (per the notes in the script.js code). This is really hard for people to navigate and it is really annoying. (you can view what is going on by going to - www.tfeinc.com/store)

Is there a way to either make this menu behave correctly (ie. close when no longer actively hovering) or better yet, just disabling the whole thing all together and just have it act the the menu tree in CC4?

Thanks,

Jen

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to contain the menu in the cart? We have 13 main categories, and the tons of sub categories and a few sub/sub categories. When you hover over the navigation tree everything goes crazy and expands and does not 'close' (per the notes in the script.js code). This is really hard for people to navigate and it is really annoying. (you can view what is going on by going to - www.tfeinc.com/store)

Is there a way to either make this menu behave correctly (ie. close when no longer actively hovering) or better yet, just disabling the whole thing all together and just have it act the the menu tree in CC4?

Thanks,

Jen

Store Settings > Layout tab > Select No for "Expand category navigation tree".

This will remove the sub categories all together. You have to click on the parent then select the sub category displayed on the page. Might not be what you want but that is all I've seen in relation to your request.

Hi,

Thanks,

Jen

This will remove the sub categories all together. You have to click on the parent then select the sub category displayed on the page. Might not be what you want but that is all I've seen in relation to your request.

I had to turn mine off too because it wouldn't collapse back into place causing customers to not be able to see anything else.

Jamie

Hi,

Thanks,

Jen

I had to turn mine off too because it wouldn't collapse back into place causing customers to not be able to see anything else.

Jamie

I would like it a lot IF it collapsed as soon as the hover was over, but as is I had to turn it off on our store with lots of subcategories. If someone figures out how to make it automatically collapse - that would be fantastic!!