User Creation Security (aside from the captcha)

During the last 2 months, I have had a lot of "new" users that are completely bogus. I've actually received a phone call from my merchant account about all the unauthorized transaction attempts. Users are creating names like "ghghghgh" with bogus email addresses, street addresses, cities, and zip codes. I imagine these are real people because they are getting past the captcha, but in version 4, the only security measure that I see is the captcha. I would like some type of enhanced security that matches the users city to a zip code or by requiring a confirmation email. I've seen these on other sites and like the idea. And since I am getting charged for every transaction attempt, I would like to put an end to this.

I'm open to any ideas.

In later versions of CC4, I believe an alternate captcha system was made available: ReCaptcha. If I recall, ReCaptcha actually comes from Google and thus, very expert at thwarting automated image recognition by robo-sign-ups. Does your version of CC4 have the ReCaptcha option? Of course, even this does not stop real humans.

There may be a mod for registration confirmation emails. Sorry, though, as I haven't made a complete perusal of the mods available for CC4.