Tax being added after checkout...?

Big Spender

I have tax of 20% setup on UK and Europe countries and then no tax setup on a 'rest of world' country e.g. United States.

When I test an order from a US customer the checkout displays the order total with no mention of tax (as it should): -

Subtotal: 0.74

Shipping: £2.57

Grand Total: £3.31

But then when they click 'checkout' and it shows them the printable receipt to send in (as I have no payment methods setup yet) which shows the tax: -

Subtotal: £0.74

Total Discount: £0.00

VAT: £0.12

The problem with this is that we can't charge tax to customers in the rest of the world but can to UK and Europe countries.

Any help? Submitted to the bug tracker but seems to have vanished

I have tax of 20% setup on UK and Europe countries and then no tax setup on a 'rest of world' country e.g. United States.

When I test an order from a US customer the checkout displays the order total with no mention of tax (as it should): -

Subtotal: 0.74

But then when they click 'checkout' and it shows them the printable receipt to send in (as I have no payment methods setup yet) which shows the tax: -

Subtotal: £0.74

Total Discount: £0.00

VAT: £0.12

The problem with this is that we can't charge tax to customers in the rest of the world but can to UK and Europe countries.

Any help? Submitted to the bug tracker but seems to have vanished

I ran into a problem getting my Sales Tax to show correctly. I ended up making one Sales Tax Class where I charged tax for the product for our State and another Exempt tax for shipping on our State. It wasn't elegant, but it worked. Did you do something similar to try to exempt the rest of the world from the VAT?

I'm a little unsure what you mean with your reply... but attached is a screenshot of my taxes admin page.

Now I figured the way to do this would be to add in all the countries (starting with the USA) that I don't want to charge or display tax for... as just not declaring them at all seems to still add on the tax.

If I use Standard Tax but set the rate to 0% this works on the front end, as it shows tax at £0.00 to the customer but then when you go through to the admin panel and view the order details it is displaying the tax... in my case for a particular order I made (£0.15)

If I use Tax Exempt instead it does the exact same.

Am I doing something wrong or this a bug?

I'm a little unsure what you mean with your reply... but attached is a screenshot of my taxes admin page.

Now I figured the way to do this would be to add in all the countries (starting with the USA) that I don't want to charge or display tax for... as just not declaring them at all seems to still add on the tax.

If I use Standard Tax but set the rate to 0% this works on the front end, as it shows tax at £0.00 to the customer but then when you go through to the admin panel and view the order details it is displaying the tax... in my case for a particular order I made (£0.15)

If I use Tax Exempt instead it does the exact same.

Am I doing something wrong or this a bug?

I'm sorry, but it sure looks like what you've done should have worked. I wish I could be more helpful. I see you filed a bug report - maybe it wouldn't hurt to submit a support ticket as well. Bsmither and Viola seem to be very knowledgeable contributors on this forum. Maybe you could PM them to see if they could help you.

I just saw this in the commercial forum:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=15853

Maybe that's something that would help you???

Hi,

Sorry no unfortunately not as this is just for shipping, my problem as far as I can see is a bug with the tax calculations and/or the output from the checkout, should'nt really need a third party module to sort this.