5.06 Upgrade Steps

Guest TFS

Just looking to upgrade from 5.05 to 5.06, are there any documented upgrade steps?

Do i need to clear the cache first? Is this best done via cubecart admin or via cpanel?

Should I re run the installation script or just copy over the 5.06 files via FTP?

If I recall from making a file compare, there are no changes to the database. So, unless you have made changes to any of the files, it's a straight and simple file overwrite (if you have removed the setup folder, which you should have after a successful install, do not copy the setup folder now).

As for documented upgrade steps, I think it's been mentioned in the announcement of 5.0.6's availability. Maybe not.

Run the Clear Cache from Admin. Then, always manually delete the remaining files in the cache/skin and cache folders, if there are any (via CPanel or FTP).

If I recall from making a file compare, there are no changes to the database. So, unless you have made changes to any of the files, it's a straight and simple file overwrite (if you have removed the setup folder, which you should have after a successful install, do not copy the setup folder now).

As for documented upgrade steps, I think it's been mentioned in the announcement of 5.0.6's availability. Maybe not.

Run the Clear Cache from Admin. Then, always manually delete the remaining files in the cache/skin and cache folders, if there are any (via CPanel or FTP).

Thanks, i'll take a back up and give it a go