Users logged out when Checking out

danielkehorne

Every morning, I open 2 browser windows, one to log into the Admin panel, the second is on the website home page (have been using Firefox only since the problem with not being able to access the customers when inputting an order).

When someone wants to place an order over the telephone, I access their details on the admin page, then log in at the front end of the website as if I am them placing an order online, I enter their password and login. If there is any problem at this stage, it leaves you on the login page. If the customer record has been found, it then returns you to the home page.

I then select the product they ask for, add to basket, then the number updated.

When I clicked on go to checkout (I tried it twice, the first time by clicking on the button with the words on, the second time by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top), both times, it took me to the page where it said there was nothing in my basket. At this point, I noticed that it had logged me out so did not recognise me.

Has anyone experienced this where users are logged out when checking out.

We get it sometimes, yes.. wide variety of potential causes sadly, as it's a session bug and sessions get used all over the place. Usually we find it best to clear our cookies and active sessions from the browser when we encounter it, as sometimes that can cause it, especially if the tabs were left over from previous sessions.

Other possible causes can be due to the switch from http to https on secure checkouts, a corruption in the session database table (which can be fixed by running a repair on the CubeCart_sessions table in the database administration), and logging into admin in a directory, causing it to store a seperate session cookie in a different path (More a CC3 error that one, I believe CC4 has pretty much solved that one)

There are likely even more causes of the bug, but those ones seem to be the most common

• 9 months later...