checkout options

Guest crayon143

Guest crayon143

hello i'm new to cube cart (using ver 5.0.7) and trying to put everything together. I was wondering if someone can provide me instructions for removing the checkout button so i can only use google checkout button thats shows underneath it.

Thank you.

Safest bet would be to hide it rather than remove it, in case it breaks any functionality. You can either set display: none in the stylesheet if it has a specific class or id, or you can just find the button on the template and add: style="display: none;" to it to hide it.

However, unless it's changed from earlier versions, the cart used to have a tendency to reuse that button, so it may well be the same as the continue button on earlier pages, and so not simple to remove

Guest crayon143

thanks for the reply, i went through the files and codes in them but couldnt find it, the only thing i found cart related was in the index.php file and i didnt wanna mess with it untill i knew what i was doing(in this case i dont). I tried following the directions off cc v4 as i saw some people asked about removing the checkout button or atleast to hide it which seems like a better idea but it seems the files are different in ver 5 i couldnt locate cart.tpl which was a case in cc v4 for the modification. Any input/help from viewers is welcomed, just need to get this thing going.

thank you

Guest crayon143

thank you i found it and i was able to hide the checkout button(content.checkout.php). However i had to undo it since it didnt solve my issue and this is what is happening and why i wanted to hide the cc checkout button:

After adding a item to a basket and viewing your basket cc shows your item and price . Usually you would click on the cc checkout button again and the form would comeup which would then ask you to fill in the name adress etc...you do that and hit the checkout again and it shows you the delivery adress and total including shipping cost/options. Now after that if you hit the checkout button it takes you straight to part 4 which is order complete, skipping part 3 which is the payment part. I wonder if this is a bug in 5.0.7 or am i missing something out here? why wont it show the payment part?

So basically hiding the cc checkout button works and if i use googlecheckout instead of that it wont calculate the shipping and just gives the total of the item.

Guest crayon143

Issues are resolved. Thank you Dirty Butter and Toucan Web Design. There were some things/values i forgot to set under the admin cp.

• 1 month later...