Resolved - Change items that appear in sales box

Ms Holly

Is there away that I can change the items that appear in the sales box? I currently have 3 items that appear in my sales box and they are all the from the same category with a very small amount taken off the rrp. Is there anyway to change what is displayed?

Assuming that you don't have product pricing groups (which would need further modifications), all you need to do is open up. /classes/gui.class.php

Find:

if (isset($sale_sql_standard_select) && ($standard_pricing = $GLOBALS['db']->query('SELECT `product_id`,`description`,`name`, '.$sale_sql_standard_select.' AS `saving` FROM `'.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'dbprefix').'CubeCart_inventory` WHERE '.$sale_sql_standard_where.' AND `status` = '1' '.$not_on_sale.' LIMIT '.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_sale_items'))) !== false && is_array($standard_pricing)) {

And change to:

if (isset($sale_sql_standard_select) && ($standard_pricing = $GLOBALS['db']->query('SELECT `product_id`,`description`,`name`, '.$sale_sql_standard_select.' AS `saving` FROM `'.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'dbprefix').'CubeCart_inventory` WHERE '.$sale_sql_standard_where.' AND `status` = '1' '.$not_on_sale.' ORDER BY RAND() ASC LIMIT '.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_sale_items'))) !== false && is_array($standard_pricing)) {

Should just switch it so that the products are drawn out randomly out of all your sale items. You could change the order to something else if need be, you may be able to order by the saving DESC if you wanted the biggest to always show and so forth.

Hope that helps

• 4 months later...