Upgrading to 5.1 do I have to do it step by step?

I am using 5.08 do I need to upgrade to 5.09 and then to 5.1 or just go straight to 5.1

I have modficiations on my site that others have done for me so I can't go the straight install route can someone point me to a guide on to go about upgrading

Thanks heaps....

Holly

I went straight from 5.0.8 to 5.1.0, and I have mods in place, too. I use Beyond Compare 3 to check for differences in my old files and the new ones, so I can make any adjustments for changes I want to keep from the old version. It takes a while, but I can manage it, and I'm far from CC literate. You don't want to do a clean install, but an upgrade, or you'll lose your database.

Looking at the difference file ahead of time will normally help you decide what is likely to need fixing after the upgrade, but since you are not now on 5.0.9 that is not as helpful this time. That's why I used Beyond Compare 3.

Upgrade, then compare, and change anything in 5.1.0 that's required for your mods and personal edits.