Resolved - Questions about 5.1.1 Upgrade

I hope these questions are just premature and will be dealt with by CC soon.

I see there is no announcement from Al here about the 5.1.1 upgrade, but only the message in Admin.

Does that mean we can only upgrade from 5.1.0 via the new Admin Upgrade process, or can we use the usual Setup way?

Will we no longer get a File Difference Report, as we have in the past?

I've made quite a few minor tweaks to my installs, and I use a commercial skin. So I normally spend quite a bit of time analyzing the difference in versions before I upgrade, so I can decide which files I'll need to do a file compare after upgrading.

I would like to know the answers to this as well. I tweeted at @CubeCart about the update and was told that an announcement would follow. Two hours ago. I think I'll hold off on updating!

Milos is off all this week, so Al is pulling double duty and it's left him a bit frazzled. :D The announcement has now been made and I'm sure a changelog will come tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

To answer the question, no, you do not have to use the automated upgrade process, it's completely optional. We just built it in to make things easier for most people.

Hope this helps!

:w00t:

I decided to test the automatic update route on our simpler store, after full backup of course, and was amazed at how easy it was. I wish I had written down what the very last step of the autoupdate process said (can't remember now) - as I wasn't 100% sure whether I was supposed to click it or if it was a way to undo the just created update. I did click it, and all went well.

I do have the usual 2 error warnings about the includes file permissions and the setup folder, however, that will not go away. I've changed permission on the includes file, and there IS no setup folder when the update is done automatically. So this seems to be a bug, but I'll wait to see if anyone else reports this. I tried clearing the error logs again, and this time it worked. Not sure what the problem was. The only thing I did was put my favicon back onsite and reboot browser.

I'm using a modified kurouto skin, with its own name, so the auto upgrade did not overwrite any of my skin files. The site appears to be working correctly. That probably means this update did not affect any skin code, but any changes that might have been made will be easy enough to fix once the changelog is available.