[help ): ] A bunch of errors after upgrading from v3 - ipower.com host

Guest arthurtengi

Guest arthurtengi

After solving issues with Ioncube, global.ini.php and many other problems, I'm finally stuck dead with the last few problems on my new shop :/

This is a fresh shop and here's the link - http://2ecs.com/products/

If you guys would appreciate looking at what I'm missing here... I have no idea how to fix these problems and have looked all over the internet for solutions.

What I tried :

- putting a start session code in php.ini code on my hosting service and all it does is create a new error with ioncube not being available.

- changing global.ini.php file - didn't work, so I changed it back to it's default format

Some info :

Database: mySQL from ipower.com host

Version of cubecart : newest v5 - just upgraded from v3

Ipower system : Linux x86

Please help =) I will give you a lot of :wub: if you have help me with this!

Compiled error list :

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start.php]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_5e03b63039caa0af27fa9798b63fb231, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/public_html/products/classes/session.class.php on line 588

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close.php]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_5e03b63039caa0af27fa9798b63fb231, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/public_html/products/classes/session.class.php on line 536

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close.php]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/public_html/products/classes/session.class.php on line 536

Short answer: your hosting provider has a malformed session.save_path value for the overall main PHP ini file settings (or just the one for your account).

These errors occur when there is no actual path to save session files, or there is something wrong with PHP being able to read/write to that path.

Your session.save_path is '/var/php_sessions/'. Either that path does not exist, your hosted account does not have permission to use it, or it's full and cannot take any more files within it.

Your hosted account is at: /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/ and within this folder, you can add a 'sessions' folder.

Then, in the ini.inc.php file, you can add the following statement to these two others:

ini_set('session.name', 'PHPSESSID');

ini_set('session.auto_start', false);

ini_set('session.save_path', '/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/sessions');

This way, you won't have to rely on your hosting provider to make sure the PHP sessions folder is clean and spiffy.

Guest arthurtengi

Hello bsmither!

Thanks for the reply <3

I have created a sessions folder in my hosted account -> this is the FTP log

esponse: 250 CWD command successful

Command: MKD hermes

Response: 257 "/hermes" - Directory successfully created

Command: CWD /hermes

Response: 250 CWD command successful

Command: MKD bosweb

Response: 257 "/hermes/bosweb" - Directory successfully created

Command: CWD /hermes/bosweb

Command: MKD web169

Response: 257 "/hermes/bosweb/web169" - Directory successfully created

Command: CWD /hermes/bosweb/web169

Command: MKD b1697

Response: 257 "/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697" - Directory successfully created

Command: CWD /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697

Command: MKD ipw.i2ecscom

Response: 257 "/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom" - Directory successfully created

Command: CWD /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom

Command: MKD sessions

Response: 257 "/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/sessions" - Directory successfully created

and I added the new ini_set line into my ini.inc.php file and uploaded/replaced via ftp with the original file.

However, I think either I did something wrong or it's still not working :/

The website still shows

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start.php]: open(/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/sessions/sess_6cb4f088663a70df2d90302529194197, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/public_html/products/classes/session.class.php on line 588

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close.php]: open(/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/sessions/sess_6cb4f088663a70df2d90302529194197, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/public_html/products/classes/session.class.php on line 536

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close.php]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/sessions) in /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/public_html/products/classes/session.class.php on line 536

First, consult with your hosting provider. They will be able to resolve the issue with the PHP temp folder.

Second, I think you misinterpreted my comment:

"Your hosted account is at: /hermes/bosweb/web169/b1697/ipw.i2ecscom/."

My comment (in which I did not instruct you to make/create the entire directory path) mentioned that while viewing your site in an FTP utility, the path to the directory listing should show that you are already at ipw.i2ecscom and that the directory listing here should show the folder public_html and perhaps a few others.

When you log in to your hosted account with FTP, what is the path address shown? The reason I point this out is that probably, you will not be able to move up to b1697 or higher because you do not have permission to go there.

Knowing that you are already at ipw.i2ecscom, it is here you would create your own sessions folder and just that -- do not create the whole path.

But let's go back to the first point: contact your hosting provider. They will be able to give you exact instruction on how your hosted account behaves, and what you need to code for.