Unable To Edit Products & 6604 Error

Guest Pandora1

Guest Pandora1

**First let me say that I just started as webmaster for this company and I am not able to contact the previous employee, so I'm going in "blind" to solve these problems.

Current CC Version: 3.0.20

Host site: Network Solutions

My biggest problem is that I am not able to edit or add any products to my CC. When I click on "View Products" then "Edit", I see the description field but it looks like it's just the source code and there is no toolbar that shows save, font types, font format, etc.

I was able to add and edit products about 6 weeks ago but haven't touched CC since.

**EDIT** Okay, I opened up my CC in FireFox (I was using Chrome) and it showed all of my editing tools. That's so bizarre that it wouldn't show up in Chrome, when we have another CubeCart account and it opened and worked fine in Chrome....update issue as well?)

My second problem:

Admin home page error: WARNING: The main configuration file 'includes/global.inc.php' is writable and your store is at risk. Please change these permissions to 0644 as soon as possible.

I tried to change the includes/global.inc.php file to read only, logged out then logged back in to CC and it did not solve the problem.

Perhaps upgrading to the current 5.1.1 would solve all of these problems? I would have to get with our IT guy to see if we have a code to prove we own it in order to upgrade.

Any suggestions would be wonderful, thank you!

You need to ask for help with this on the 3rd party forum, as v3 is no longer supported here. Something changed (not sure with what) fairly recently that has caused several people to ask similar questions. I'm closing this thread, so please open it again on the other forum.