Shipping selection is not holding

Ms Holly

Our Customers shipping options are reverting to pick up when they move screens.

The customer chooses a shipping selection for their cart , when they progress to the next screen it loses the option they have selected and reverts to pick up. This results in a lot of customers not paying for postage if they don't recheck what they have selected.

Any thoughts on what might be occurring. We are on 5.1.1. (notanotherbabyshop. .com.au)

Thank you

I tried a test order and noticed a couple of things that might be the problem.

You only show shipping choice within AU, but the dropdown for country on the next page lists all countries as choices.

I entered an AU address from one of our successful orders and they did NOT specify a state/province, but you show it as required. Some of our AU customer addresses have a state and some don't. Adding in the correct state did not stop it from reverting to pickup.

I see you've added an error message, so as a customer I did know to double check the s/h.

thanks for testing it for us

I didn't actually add that error message it has just appeared - so I guess at least the system knows it is stuffing up the shipping.

can I just check what you mean about states - everyone is Australia lives in a state or territory but they are pretty much all known as states. perhaps it should say STate or Territory???

I take orders from other countries but ask that they email for a shipping price as while our flat rate is $7.50 to some countries items could be $100. So on that how do I remove countries from the list?

Thanks again!

The wording for States doesn't have anything to do with the code - that's entirely up to you. The point is yours is showing as required, while mine does not. When a country requires a state mine pops up with choices, and yours doesn't.

Just tested again on our kurouto store and Australia DOES popup with State choices there! So I'm pretty sure that's your problem, and it means I have an issue with one of our stores, too.

I've been thinking about your site some more. I think you need to allow only Australia and then modify the message/page that automatically comes up when someone from a different country tries to provide a shipping address. That, and fixing your Australia Zones should solve it.