USPS shipping module not working...

Guest AlanGalbraith

Guest AlanGalbraith

The USPS shipping option isnt showing up when I go to check out in my store... (although others, ala UPS are)

is there any kinda sneaky setting in the USPS shipping module that I could be missing?

I've made sure my USPS account is working

I've made sure that the zones are set both in the shipping module and in the Zones setting

I've made sure the "Status" check mark for the module is checked in both the Shipping list and the USPS Shipping Module Settings

I've made sure that my USPS username is correctly entered.

I've cleared my store cache and tried it all again

any help?

looking at my request logs it looks like my UPS requests are going through fine... which would make sense since that module is working... but I'm getting an error returned from the USPS api...

Request Sent - http://production.sh...ShippingAPI.dllAPI=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="AlanGalbraith"> <Package ID="0"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>95608</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>55082</ZipDestination> <Pounds>2</Pounds> <Ounces>2</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>LARGE</Size> <Container/> <Machinable>True</Machinable> <ReturnLocations>TRUE</ReturnLocations> </Package> </RateV4Request>

Response received<Error> <Number>80040b1a</Number> <Description>Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.</Description> <Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source> </Error>Settings

The username is correct... perhaps the api is sending it to the wrong url? does... http://production.sh...ShippingAPI.dll

look right?

I just upgraded to 5.1.2

did I miss the dialog box where i enter my password for the USPS account? I saw where you enter your username and its correct...

According to the USPS API documentation, your USERID is all that is required (PASSWORD is ignored and CubeCart no longer deals with it).

So, 'DoAuth' as the failure source is a conundrum.

By the way, according to the RateV4 Service Request Matrix: ALL service, Large (any dimension greater than 12 inches) and Variable container requires Height, Width, and Length dimensions. Also, if asking for ReturnLocations, the matrix says that the ShipDate must also be included, <ShipDate>01-Feb-2011</ShipDate>.

Looking at the USPS module in CC511 and CC512, ReturnLocations is always sent as True, but ShipDate is never sent. Also, a test is made for the size being large, but if it is not 'Rectangular' or 'Non-Rectangular', it is ignored. What happens if Variable is chosen (seems to be the only option)?

I think the USPS module needs a bit of work.

Have you mentioned if the module ever worked for you?