Getting Spam from Post Threads! ? Hacked FORUM?

jefferis

After my first post on this forum, I started getting spam posts that "appear" to be follow up comments to my original post. However, when I to the thread, these spam posts are not there in the thread. They look like they are coming directly from CC. Since my email address is not in my profile, How are they getting this to me? Have they hacked the email notification system? Or are they posting and then immediately deleting the posts, so that I get a notification sent?

Here's a sample:

jefferis,

mallJartEmome has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Does this error indicate a DB corruption? 5.1.3".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Plenty of fashion items are shopped on the internet and hair accessories is 1 such getting. There are plenty of folks who choose to shop hair add-ons online as opposed to offline. When you are one particular such being or Christian Louboutin uk (http://www.christianlouboutinc.co.uk) hunting ahead to store hair add-ons on the web for the first time then it is possible to browse Majorbrands. This common on line buying shop homes amazing selection of hair equipment which is absolutely going to entice you. You'll be able to have a look at variety of hair components while sitting comfortably at your home. A wide range of selections accessible in hair components in terms of colors, patterns, designs and types can help you to follow thelatest style tendencies. The shop not simply caters hair add-ons, but a variety of other goods like lingerie, lounge wear, apparels, style add-ons, sun shades, purses, watches, footwear and cosmetics.

This on the internet purchasing stores caters its customers all these fashion products to let them stick to the latest style traits. Prices offered by this online shop is certainly going to entice you to store here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here: http://forums.cubeca...ion-513/unread/

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an

email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.

This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

You can unsubscribe at any time here: http://forums.cubeca...9uc2FsZXMubmV0/

Here is the header:

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Delivered-To: ...

X-Envelope-To: .

Received: (qmail 62288 invoked from network); 25 Aug 2012 06:09:46 -0000

Received: from mailwash5.pair.com (66.39.2.5)

by foma.pair.com with SMTP; 25 Aug 2012 06:09:46 -0000

Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])

by mailwash5.pair.com (Postfix) with SMTP id 68A171056D

for <....>; Sat, 25 Aug 2012 02:09:46 -0400 (EDT)

X-Virus-Check-By: mailwash5.pair.com

X-Spam-Check-By: mailwash5.pair.com

X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-2.6 required=3.0 tests=BAYES_00 autolearn=ham version=3.002005

X-Spam-Flag: NO

X-Spam-Level:

X-Spam-Filtered: 1b6338fbfd67377c093aae7d753a8b1c

Received: from bolt8b.mxthunder.net (bolt8b.mxthunder.net [208.53.48.199])

by mailwash5.pair.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 525B010536

for <....>; Sat, 25 Aug 2012 02:09:42 -0400 (EDT)

Received: by bolt8b.mxthunder.net (Postfix, from userid 12345)

id 3X3pqB0R0WzFy5ny; Fri, 24 Aug 2012 23:08:58 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from clover.cubecart.net (unknown [208.43.67.162])

by bolt8b.mxthunder.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3X3ppL1MHgzFy5mx

for <[email protected]>; Fri, 24 Aug 2012 23:08:58 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from cccom by clover.cubecart.net with local (Exim 4.77)

(envelope-from <[email protected]>)

id 1T59YH-0006WC-0V

for [email protected]; Sat, 25 Aug 2012 07:08:57 +0100

Hello, sorry about this. Nothing has been hacked. Our forums have been massively spammed over the last week or so and you will have received notifications to your posts which we will have since deleted. On Friday we upgraded the forums to the latest version which will hopefully stop spamming however it may continue. The image verification system powered by google is pretty much useless these days even though it is still considered the best available.